CanadaGooseUKShop.co.uk

Don't buy anything from this website! I placed an order for a jacket, but cancelled the order the next day when I discovered that they are fraudulently advertising themselves as distributors of Canada Goose authentic products. Go to the Official Canada Goose website, navigate to Products at the top and choose Counterfeit, enter canadagooseukshop.co.uk and you'll discover for yourself. They probably don't even have jackets to deliver to you, but even if they did it is probably filled with dog fur or lice-ridden chicken feathers. They never sent me a jacket, but charged my card £159 and now say that it will take 2 1/2 months to refund my money and that I will get less refunded because of the Chinese exchange rate. HaHa - jokers - takes them 30 seconds to take your money but 2 1/2 months to refund it? Dealing with this now through the credit card company, who I must say are not very helpful either (Sainsbury's Bank), but I will eventually get it either refunded or reimbursed by the credit card company. Will also be cancelling my credit card so it's not sold on by these Chinese fraudsters, but save yourself the hassle and AVOID THIS WEBSITE!!

Comments

• Website doesn't seem to be active any more?

Probably part of the Chinese racket who open up thousands of these sites on a weekly basis and (SOMEHOW) do pretty alright. I found one of their holding websites before and they had all customer order information on there.

Slightly surprised that you didn't receive the fake items though.... Maybe they don't send all of the items out? Maybe they got shut down pretty quickly due to a copyright claim? (Raybans did it a while back against like 50 websites like this!).
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Website doesn't seem to be active any more?

Probably part of the Chinese racket who open up thousands of these sites on a weekly basis and (SOMEHOW) do pretty alright. I found one of their holding websites before and they had all customer order information on there.

Slightly surprised that you didn't receive the fake items though.... Maybe they don't send all of the items out? Maybe they got shut down pretty quickly due to a copyright claim? (Raybans did it a while back against like 50 websites like this!).
    Yes, it's not active.
    I guess the OP didn't receive his jacket as he cancelled his order.
    Java-Man wrote: »
    Don't buy anything from this website! I placed an order for a jacket, but cancelled the order the next day when I discovered that they are fraudulently advertising themselves as distributors of Canada Goose authentic products. Go to the Official Canada Goose website, navigate to Products at the top and choose Counterfeit, enter canadagooseukshop.co.uk and you'll discover for yourself. They probably don't even have jackets to deliver to you, but even if they did it is probably filled with dog fur or lice-ridden chicken feathers. They never sent me a jacket, but charged my card £159 and now say that it will take 2 1/2 months to refund my money and that I will get less refunded because of the Chinese exchange rate. HaHa - jokers - takes them 30 seconds to take your money but 2 1/2 months to refund it? Dealing with this now through the credit card company, who I must say are not very helpful either (Sainsbury's Bank), but I will eventually get it either refunded or reimbursed by the credit card company. Will also be cancelling my credit card so it's not sold on by these Chinese fraudsters, but save yourself the hassle and AVOID THIS WEBSITE!!
    I don't know why people do research after they've parted with money.
    Akin to booking a hotel then reading the reviews.

A few years ago, when I was looking for some genuine UGGS, I did loads of research about them and looked at lots of websites.
    At that time, UGG even had a list of approved online and store retailers as well as comments about counterfeit goods - I don't know if they still do - exactly as Canada Goose do.
    If I was buying a branded item and found it cheaper on a similarly-named website, that would make me check further.

And looking at the prices on the official website, a price of £159 would have set the alarm bells ringing so loud, it would have scared the Canadian geese off our local pond.

Words of wisdom from the official website:
    If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    site registered 4th January 2017 and expired 4th January 2018
    whois shows owned by Tulip Trading Company Ltd in Nevis
    a quick google on the company with Nevis shows a number of companies have taken action against Tulip setting up domains with similar names to the 'real' companies. Looks like they have near on 500 different domains
  • I really think some people just need their internet access revoked. You only have to look at the name of the website to see it's a scam.

How do people find these sites? They don't appear at the top of a Google search. I wonder if it's the same idiots who "like" obviously fake and scam sites on Facebook.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure