IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM Parking Charge for Unauthorised Parking

Comments

• Murlton
    Murlton Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Coupon-mad,

The ref starts with a 3, may I ask why you want to know?

The payment is for DRP, not them.

Does everyone receive a LBCCC? Or is it possible that some people never get to that stage?

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Because Gan on pepipoo has pointed out before that a ref starting with a 3 is in fact a debt collector using Gladstones notepaper (with their agreement) and not a letter from any solicitor's desk.

This is proven by you confirming that this letter asks for payment to...the debt collector who sent it! Ignore.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Murlton
    Seriously? So at this point is there any actual link with Gladstones? Like if I rang them and stated the ref number, would they acknowledge it exists?

If this was a real LBCCC letter, would it be asking me to pay the solicitors?

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    So at this point is there any actual link with Gladstones? Like if I rang them and stated the ref number, would they acknowledge it exists?
    They'd put you through to the debt firm...
    If this was a real LBCCC letter, would it be asking me to pay the solicitors?
    Yes.
  • Demi17
    Demi17 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi sorry to jump on this thread. I have also recieved the same letter with reference number 3 asking me to pay DRP. Am I right to ignore this. I have not responded at all to any of the letters (I believe this is actually the wrong thing to do?!) I was told to ignore them totally and believe this was now the wrong thing to do.

My question is do I continue to ignore unless I get a letter from the court? If I do get a letter from the court am I able to pay the fine there and then without going to court or would it then be too late? I don't want to go to court so wondering what the best action is to take? Thanks!
  • Coupon-mad
    Why would we advise any differently to you? Obviously ignore debt collector letters, since you started by ignoring the PCN this is not the time to engage.
  • Murlton
    Can't help but feel that a CCJ is just round the corner. At the time of the parking charge there were 100s of others also receiving them as it was a change in the parking scheme that caught everyone off guard. So lets say 500 people got this 'parking charge' and all of them took the advice you guys gave to get them to this point.. would all 500 of them have got this fake Gladstones letter? What kind of percentage do we expect will then receive a CCJ? Feels like its the inevitable ending to all of this ha!
  • Coupon-mad
    You are worrying about a tiny percentage chance, look:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html

and I don't recall that we've ever seen a Gladstones one lost where this forum's style defence was used, followed by a witness statement/evidence with our input. All won or discontinued, for a year.

And there will be no 'CCJ' even if you lost at a hearing because you would then pay (about £175 typically, as seen on other forums or reports where people have lost) within 30 days and nothing remains on the register at all; not even a satisfied judgment (it isn't one of those). Your credit score is unaffected.
  • Sorry to jump on here! What if ref starts with a 2?
  • completelyfubar
    completelyfubar Posts: 82 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 24 August 2017 at 8:36AM
    I have also been snapped by the same cafe owner last October in the very same position, same car park.
    I am wondering were you are with it... I have received my court claim and composing my defence at the moment.
    I have another thread 'Claim Defence' that Coupon-mad has already replied to.

I'm also wondering if there any more people on here snapped on the same car park that may be at 'court claim'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure