Clearscore

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    laineyhen wrote: »
    im a fan of Clearscore so far, so good. ive not used Noddle as yet .Im recommending Clearscore to everyone i know who wants to be aware of their credit score, not getting far with some of my more mature family , as its so new to them they dont want anything to do with it as yet. Maybe im just nosy lol. Im loving the free service actually available , well done Clearscore.
    It is OK but I can't get quite that excited about it :rotfl:
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I'm certainly a fan of free access to our credit files, primarily so that we can be sure that the data held about us is both accurate and up to date.

My disappointment with Clearscore, at the moment, is that the data they are showing me is not accurate. The Clearscore version of my Equifax credit file is liberally sprinkled with false "missed payments" which would, if accurate, prevent me from getting credit anywhere. The strange thing is that Clearscore then goes on to ignore all these missed payment when it generates its relatively high score.

I'm hoping these matters are just teething problems which they will correct in due course but it does highlight that, for the time being, their data cannot be relied upon.

Hi Consumerist,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We would like to look further into this issue for you. The best way to do this, would be for you to get in touch with our customer operations team using this form https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2.
    In your message, could you please include the email address which is linked to your ClearScore account and also mention that you first got in touch with us using the MSE forum. This will allow us to investigate and resolve any issues on your account.

Thanks,

Aleksandra
    ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When the same company search you at current and previous address (both hard searches) does it count as 1 or 2? They're obviously only searching previous address as they aren't happy with 18months here (and made me declare previous address in application).

Clearscore has just said I've had 7 new searches, but some of these are the same company for the same application from same day - e.g

Search by CREATION FINANCIAL SERVICE for Credit Application
    Searched on 25 December 2015
    Current Address

Search by CREATION FINANCIAL SERVICE for Credit Application
    Searched on 25 December 2015
    Old address

Also clearscore seem to massively weigh you down for excessive searches. When my credit was good I was getting stupid limits despite having more searches than I do now. I suppose more searches with worse credit may look slightly more desperate (I'm playing to improve my file with all the accounts I manage to open rather than 'needing' the credit) but I've took a big hit over the last month, just from searches.

Also one basic account has been open for ages but began reporting to CRAs since November - account hasn't changed as such but I think the T&Cs did update in November. Is it worth disputing to get the open date (4th Nov) amended to the proper open date? As it looks like a new account (to go with my others) when it's actually one of my oldest 'clean' accounts.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When the same company search you at current and previous address (both hard searches) does it count as 1 or 2? . . .

Clearscore has just said I've had 7 new searches, but some of these are the same company for the same application from same day. . .

Also one basic account has been open for ages but began reporting to CRAs since November - account hasn't changed as such but I think the T&Cs did update in November. Is it worth disputing to get the open date (4th Nov) amended to the proper open date? As it looks like a new account (to go with my others) when it's actually one of my oldest 'clean' accounts.
    Too many hard searches over a short period is what damages your credit score. Have you been applying for credit on several occasions recently?

Lenders will also note repeat searches at different addresses and discount them as a single application for credit. Seven recent hard searches does, however, look excessive and will not look good to lenders. This will affect your "score".

I would suggest speaking to your bank regarding the reported start date of the account and ask for it to be corrected.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • beetwaste
    Options
    I've given this new service a go, and initial reports are, it seems OK.

A couple of things.

- currently, it doesn't seem bang up to date. Still says I have 3 loans, when actually I've paid off one loan with one of the other ones, therefore says I owe a lot more than I do. I assume this will rectify in 30 days time.

- One other point I'm curious about. It lists one negative on my credit score, that being 'I have a low limit on my credit card'. Well yeah, that's deliberate becuse I have loans to pay off and want to keep my credit card in check. Surely that's a good thing? It seems to be suggesting I raise the credit card limit, but I really won't be doing this without good reason, and that seems poor advice.

The interface looks good. It'll be even better when it works fully. Certainly has a better look that 'Noddle', which I've used for some time and quite like. Clearscore is giving me a better credit score than Noddle, which proves the point that credit scores are only a guide based on different opinions.
    Used to work for the Halifax; now works for another bank. Any comments are my opinion or suggestion, not a recommendation!
  • Consumerist
    Options
    beetwaste wrote: »
    . . . - One other point I'm curious about. It lists one negative on my credit score, that being 'I have a low limit on my credit card'. Well yeah, that's deliberate becuse I have loans to pay off and want to keep my credit card in check. Surely that's a good thing? It seems to be suggesting I raise the credit card limit, but I really won't be doing this without good reason, and that seems poor advice. . .
    It's a question of how much other lenders seem prepared to lend you. Lenders may ask themselves why they should stick their neck out to offer you more credit than other lenders will.

If you are deliberately limiting your credit availability, it might suggest you don't even trust yourself to manage your finances if you had access to more credit.

That said, unless you expect to make a major purchase by credit card, I think it is wise to keep credit availability to manageable levels.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    UPDATE.

Well we now know the truth and Equifax have been anything but honest with me.

Email from Everest Ltd

everest.co.uk
    Dear MABLE

Thank you for your e-mail communication.

I am advised by Equifax that this unfortunate incident was caused by a problem within their IT department. Please be assured that Equifax has not been hacked. This is solely an Equifax issue and I may confirm that Everest do not hold any of your personal details.

Please feel free to contact Equifax direct for further information, however I understand that Equifax shall be making contact with all affected customers shortly.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Legal Administrator

Unquote.

I have sent this to Equifax for further comment before I take the matter further.

UPDATE and resolution received today from EQUIFAX

With regards to your payment of £20 for CIFAS, I would like to offer you a refund for this amount. I would also like to offer you £30 to cover any expenses you may have occurred while dealing with this issue.
    To arrange this, can you please contact Equifax by phone.

unquote.

Pleased I did not just let the matter drop.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    . . . With regards to your payment of £20 for CIFAS, . ..
    If you are satisfied that there hasn't been a data breach then it might be a good idea to get the CIFAS entry removed from your file. Perhaps it might also be a good idea to find out if there will be any further charges involved before you contact Equifax.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you are satisfied that there hasn't been a data breach then it might be a good idea to get the CIFAS entry removed from your file. Perhaps it might also be a good idea to find out if there will be any further charges involved before you contact Equifax.

I think I will keep the CIFAS in place as I have no intention of applying for any further credit.
  • nicoletia
    nicoletia Posts: 21 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

Me and my OH have credit cards with Barclays as well as store cards yet the ClearScore report does not show them. Has anyone else had this problem?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback