IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice Needed - NTK Received for Parking Charge Notice

Hi,

Just wanted some advice on an NTK letter I received a few days ago from CM Services Ltd. I've read the newbies post and checked they are IPC accredited.

Just some background on the incident - I received the PCN back at the beginning of February for not displaying a permit. I received a PCN previously (about a year ago) for the same reason but ignored it and nothing ever became of it. So I decided to ignore the recent fine as well hoping it would go away. Anyway, truth be told the permit is a fake (one the company I work for had created to park at this particular car park for work purposes.) Anyway on this day I just forgot to display the permit and what do you know I receive a bloody PCN. Sod's law....

There's no way I want to pay the fine. But what are my options? As the permits a fake am I screwed and have no choice? Or should I send CM Services an email with the template in the newbies section? Is this template still applicable as they've already obtained my details from the DVLA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :beer:
Cheers

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As you don't have a permit, you are trespassing, which is a good thing in parking situations ironically. They can't sue you for breaking any contract.

Might be helpful to get us a copy of the signage to see how to play it further, but I wouldn't try sending an appeal based on a forged permit.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,154
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Send the IPC template. If it ever got to court it would show that you tried to engage. The template is relevant irrespective of whether you have received a windscreen ticket or NTK.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Zekester
    Zekester Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks both, I'll send the template and see what happens. I'll take a photo of the signage next time I'm that way. Ultimately, do you think I'm going to have to pay up?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,603
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No, these are small fry with no court profile, not a big player:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Comprehensive_Management_Services.html

The only way you would have to pay would be if a Judge said so - highly unlikely, seeing as they are not litigious and we win v Gladstones cases in every case we've helped with, including fellsider who won today:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5545901

I very much doubt yours will do anything more than result in demands that you can ignore, no court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Zekester
    Forumite
    Thanks very much Coupon-mad. Are you aware if they send debt collectors at all? Would you advise to ignore any debt recovery letters they may issue? Cheers
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Zekester wrote: »
    Thanks very much Coupon-mad. Are you aware if they send debt collectors at all? Would you advise to ignore any debt recovery letters they may issue? Cheers

If you can find ONE thread on here suggesting you should communicate with a Debt Collectore pre-court papers, then please show me the link! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sebnd debt collectors?
    you may get a few letters in different colours of ink.

As for the workplace parking, does your company have the right to use that car park? this could be similar to residential/own space issues where a PPc has come along and tried to impose its own rules
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Zekester
    Forumite
    Ha! No I meant if it gets to the stage where debt collectors become involved Guys Dad. I've not been in this situation before so a little unsure how it all works :D
  • Zekester
    Forumite
    @Half_way, no they don't have the right to use that car park. With regards to the letters you mentioned that I could potentially receive am I right to just ignore them? Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 22 March 2017 at 5:34PM
    yes they are likely to involve debt collectors who can only send letters

nobody is going to knock on the door UNLESS there has been a court case, you have lost , then you did not pay the judgment promptly (28 days) , which would result in a CCJ (this is all for charges in england or wales)

it needs a court order before enforcement can take place (a CCJ)

the PPC has 6 years to issue a court case (MCOL) , so ignoring for a year (12 months) is nothing compared to the fact the PPC has 72 months to issue the court papers , so your statement of "nothing came of it" is 5 years premature
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure