Clearscore

Options

Comments

• Superscrooge
    Options
    armstrongj wrote: »
    Hi i signed up to Clearscore a few months ago to see what would come up as i was nearing the end of my IVA. It showed very little information which was useful and i expected it to say straight away that i was in an IVA or that loads of my accounts were defaulted on. Nothing of the sort! It just seems an overview and i guess you have to take it as a free service and not as a guarantee. Would be nice to show more detail.

When you click on 'Report' and then 'Accounts'. Clearscore lists all your accounts.

You then open up the payment history for each account to check on it's status..
  • Fleabite
    Options
    Sorry, it is not true that ClearScore reflects what is reported to Equifax.

Some of my details are correct, but some of the accounts are missing and I am not supposed to be on the electoral roll (which I am). All this information is on Equifax and has been for many months but is not being shown by ClearScore.

I would suggest that, as a free service,it is a good idea to check with them, but please don't take it as gospel it is correct.

FB
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got an email saying clearscore is going weekly
    unnamed.gif

The stakes are being raised
  • I have used Clearscore for about 8 months at least now and I find it very useful .:)
  • RClarke
    Options
    After several months of use when I click onto the Clearscore login page it began to show my password in clear text in the email field. (It also adds my password in obscure ******** form in the password box.) When I alerted Clearscore they wrote a patronising reply which in simple terms said I was lying. This has continued for the last three months. There is no way to tell if third parties have accessed my personal financial data but the "get stuffed" response to my courteous "you have a data security issue" and continued failure to act suggests you should not use Clearscore if you regard your personal financial data as confidential.
    [Leaving aside that there is no reason whatsoever to doubt any customer who provides details of a security issue as it happens I'm not an IT illiterate. I obtained my first computer programming qualification in 1971.and have had varying degrees of responsibility for IT matters in various organisations ever since.]
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Options
    RClarke wrote: »
    After several months of use when I click onto the Clearscore login page it began to show my password in clear text in the email field. (It also adds my password in obscure ******** form in the password box.) When I alerted Clearscore they wrote a patronising reply which in simple terms said I was lying. This has continued for the last three months. There is no way to tell if third parties have accessed my personal financial data but the "get stuffed" response to my courteous "you have a data security issue" and continued failure to act suggests you should not use Clearscore if you regard your personal financial data as confidential.
    [Leaving aside that there is no reason whatsoever to doubt any customer who provides details of a security issue as it happens I'm not an IT illiterate. I obtained my first computer programming qualification in 1971.and have had varying degrees of responsibility for IT matters in various organisations ever since.]
    In my experience it is fairly common for usernames to be displayed in plain text on banking and other sites.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 February 2017 at 3:46PM
    Options
    RClarke wrote: »

I'm slightly confused. Do you mean these appear without you entering anything?

If so, did you try changing your browser settings to clear and then not save your log-in details?

Apologies if I've misunderstood and that's not what you mean.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Also about Clearscore, I've received two emails so far entitled Introducing your weekly updates, and one yesterday saying Ping! You've gotan update.

Each time I've logged in. There doesn't seem to be any pointer to help find what this update might be, and I've been unable to notice any difference.

If this is just an excuse for them to send 10 or 12 emails a month instead of 4 or 5 it might get a bit tedious.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Options
    redux wrote: »
    Also about Clearscore, I've received two emails so far entitled Introducing your weekly updates, and one yesterday saying Ping! You've gotan update.

Each time I've logged in. There doesn't seem to be any pointer to help find what this update might be, and I've been unable to notice any difference. . .
    I haven't heard anything from Clearscore, myself, but did you check the date of the report to compare with the previous monthly update?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    @RClarke if you click the "eye" next to the password field it'll show your password in clear text. By default it doesn't. I don't see this as a risk at all though I wouldn't personally add a reveal password box option.

I received the weekly update newsletter earlier today, no issues since Clearscore launch date when I signed up. Great free service :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback