Harry Potter studios / watford

Off for a visit next weekend and will have a couple of days to explore. Dont know the area at all so would appreciate any suggestions in and around Watford of things to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There's not that much to do in Watford, but it's a short train ride away from London. Maybe someone else who knows Watford a bit more has suggestions!
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    I live nearby and there's not much else to do. I would personally go in to London. There's a big shopping mall in the centre of Watford, or there's football. There's also normal town stuff, like a multi screen cinema.

If you like history, St Albans is just down the road and has an old cathedral, Roman ruins etc. It also has more small and independent shops.

If you do fancy catching a film, check out ticket availability at The Rex in Berkhamsted or the Odyssey in St Albans. They are both restored art deco cinemas and lovely places to catch a screening if tix avail. Everywhere I've mentioned is accessible via local transport.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Greta_Sharbo
    Greta_Sharbo Posts: 349 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2018 at 10:45PM
    I didn't find much in Watford other than shops and 'normal town stuff' as you say.

Might check out St Albans though. That could be fun.

Thank you both.
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Fast train from Watford Junction to Euston takes 20 mins so maybe go to London to visit the museums. British Museum is near Euston. You could change platforms to get the Northern or Victoria line to Kings cross visit the platform 3 and three quarters bit there and then get the piccadilly line direct to North Kensington for the free Sconce and Natrual History Museums. If the weather is nice, walk from there to Kensington Gardens and through Hyde Park (you could hire a Boris bike to ride around. http://www.theaa.com/bike-rides/around-hyde-park-418710). Go to Covent Garden to see the street entertainers.
  • Studios were fantastic :)
    Ended up meeting friends in London so not much sightseeing done but nice walk along the river and a good catch up.

St Albans defo on the list for next time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport