PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Induction hob - would you recommend?

Options
13»

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought the IKEA one when I had my kitchen done 5 years ago and I love it

It packed up last year, but IKEA replaced it under their 5 year warranty plus paid for the electrician
  • salesaddict
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I bought the IKEA one when I had my kitchen done 5 years ago and I love it

It packed up last year, but IKEA replaced it under their 5 year warranty plus paid for the electrician

Thank you Suki I will definitely look in IKEA then because that is wonderful service.
  • Sockfairy
    Options
    I hate mine, it is a pain to control the heat and sometimes it just cuts out if you are boiling something for a while, like new potatoes!
    £2018 in 2018 = £698.74
    £1319.26 to go!'
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sockfairy wrote: »
    I hate mine, it is a pain to control the heat and sometimes it just cuts out if you are boiling something for a while, like new potatoes!

Mine has never cut out and is extremely easy to control. What make is yours?
  • jackyann
    jackyann Posts: 3,433 Forumite
    Options
    Another positive experience, I do very low simmer on mine for casseroles etc, saves heating an oven.
    Mine is a Miele, 7 years old, never a problem, but I know a few people who found the IKEA one excellent.
    Yes, if boiling for a long time (say a stock pot) it may cut out; ince used to that, I just check it. Otherwise, goes from slow simmer to fast boil in an instant, then back. My only real worry is that occasionally, if I have a lot of pans on the go, I accidentally brush the control of one by accident, but again, less of a problem now I am aware of it.
  • Jimmithecat
    Options
    I will have one when my trusty 15 year old hob packs up.

Check if you have a pacemaker or insulin pump however as induction hobs can interfere with it working
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't have a full size (ie. 4 or more ring) induction hob, but I do have a single one I bought from Aldi.
    74be63237589a7fd96e1aa28cc5733d8cf0b5e02.jpg
    Absolutely love it.

Incredibly fast heating, and instant heating off, meaning I can put the pan straight back on it, which, given the limited counter space in my tiny kitchen, is a huge advantage.

Never had to scrub up any spills, as nothing burns on, and there's no nooks and crannies for spills to seep into.

Next time they have some in, I'm getting another one.
  • salesaddict
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    I don't have a full size (ie. 4 or more ring) induction hob, but I do have a single one I bought from Aldi.
    74be63237589a7fd96e1aa28cc5733d8cf0b5e02.jpg
    Absolutely love it.

Incredibly fast heating, and instant heating off, meaning I can put the pan straight back on it, which, given the limited counter space in my tiny kitchen, is a huge advantage.

Never had to scrub up any spills, as nothing burns on, and there's no nooks and crannies for spills to seep into.

Next time they have some in, I'm getting another one.

Thank you Bob and everyone for all the good advice. I'll report back once I've got the money together which will hopefully be at the end of March 😄
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure