pip legislation on variable conditions

Is there any legislation on Health conditions that are variable and don't affect the claimant every day and how this can affect a claim for pip.

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    john240870 wrote: »
    Is there any legislation on Health conditions that are variable and don't affect the claimant every day and how this can affect a claim for pip.

It's probably the only way that PIP is better than DLA.

Its how you are most of the time. So over a year on 51% or more of the days.

If you have time before you have to hand in the forms it's worth keeping a diary for as long as you can, several months if possible.

Also remember it's not whether you can do a descriptor, it's whether you can do it safely, reliably and repeatedly. So if you can physically get a sock on your foot, but it takes you three hours (not reliably) and even though you're sitting down you fall onto the floor (not safely) and you couldn't do it again (repeatedly), then you can't do it for purposes of PIP.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • its a tricky one as the fluctuating condition happens on most days of the week but can last from a few minutes to many hours in that day and when it comes on you can do nothing but lay down and shut your eyes and wait for it to pass.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If it is any help I got PIP (care and mobility) for vestibular disease which does wildly fluctuate. I'd second keeping a diary. The care element was awarded at the outset, though I had to go to a appeal for mobility.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure