Tupe

Options
Hi I have worked for 10 years running substance clinic at a GP surgery. I worked full time for 9 years and then last year due to being a single parent and main carer for my son who is on the autistic spectrum I requested flexible working hours of 16.5 weekly and taking an hour and a half for lunch to enable me to walk the assistance dog we have . The council put contract up for tender this year and another company won who are closing all the services and relocating everyone to another site. Our service shuts nxt week and I have received a letter to say I have been job matched to 5 different roles but due to more staff than their are roles in the new structure I have been placed in a pool for consideration and redundancy process will also begin. I am due to start work at this new place on the 2/10 not knowing whether I have been offered a role or being made redundant and emails I have sent to clarify my flexible working hours have been unanswered. Question is Can I just continue with my normal hours? Am I write in thinking they are not allowed to just change my terms and conditions?

Comments

• getmore4less
    Options
    TUPE protects a the point of transfer

I have been job matched to 5 different roles but due to more staff than their are roles in the new structure I have been placed in a pool for consideration and redundancy process will also begin

your job is redundant so find out what these 5 jobs are and if they are suitable alternatives(that will include hrs)

Have you not been involved in any handover and continuity discussions?

In case it may come as a surprise any statutory redundancy will be based on the reduced hours.
  • razzie
    Options
    Yes I'm well aware of the reduced redundancy!����
    We have had 1 x 1-1 consultation with member of new company. Asked about my flexible hours, said they would get back to me but haven't..apparently was same for everyone. More of a tick box exercise. My current employer and one staff member have been invited to a redundancy consultation nxt week..
    We have been able to access the new job descriptions on their portal and they aren't too different but no hours mentioned... it's all very confusing.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need to be asking the consultation manager whether your current agreed flexible hours, are acceptable within the new roles or not.

Don't be surprised if as mentioned there are not enough jobs for the number of people being restructured into this new company, that you aren't chosen as they will see you as 'inflexible' and therefore not suitable for the roles.

You could find yourself being made redundant, unless you stand out for other reasons to them in turns of productivity and salary. Keep your eyes peeled OP and start looking for other jobs if you can - always have a backup plan!

Especially as your redundancy will likely be statutory and only based on your reduced hours, your previous full time hours 9 years prior mean nothing unfortunately when it comes to redundancy pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure