PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    kittie wrote: »
    anyone seen

It's always best not to ask for 3 weeks, in case they were off on a holiday and wanted to keep it quiet from t'Internet!
  • PasturesNew
    I made .... more chocolate cake. And ate it.

I've still a little bit left .... but I bet that goes soon as it's really nice and bouncy :)
  • I made .... more chocolate cake. And ate it.

I've still a little bit left .... but I bet that goes soon as it's really nice and bouncy :)

Yes that was me several months ago, bouncy

lol, meet a very happy bunny today, just seen that I have lost another lb or so, that makes one whole stone from my heaviest. That bread and jam meal last night made me wake up hungry at 3, no more stupid food like that for my last meal. So that little weight loss has re-inspired me and am sat here in my old cycling clothes for when it warms up a bit

Breakfast: soaked muesli plus non-jumbo oats in almond milk
    Later turkey hm ready meal and veg juice, already made tg. Out driving for the day, visiting dd to offload stuff :)

I am going to prep something different for last meal, I have sweet potatoes to use up and will cook and puree, mixing with soya beans, as I have leftovers and an egg to bind and some herbs, will cook in butter and have the last of the veg juice. I can get those `cakes` ready before I go out, in fact I`ll do all the sweet potatoes and beans and freeze half
  • I made that conglomeration, I also used a finely chopped onion and garlic, fried slowly in olive oil with a bit of ground cumin and 2 eggs, not one. Used my food processor again, not used it since husband died but it was good and washing up didn`t take long. Resulting conglomeration is too wet to form cakes, so it will make pancakes, tonight and tomorrow. Smells nice and no more veg to prepare :D

Coffee and a shower, then will put the oven on for early lunch

Was a lovely cycle ride, only a couple of considerate cars, first mile is always the hardest but easier after that, even the hilly bits. I watched that age tv doctors programme the other night, it was inspiring
  • The pizza I made yesterday was delicious. It had red onion, red pepper, sweetcorn and cherry toms and I used tomato puree mixed with vegan pesto as well. Mmm.:A

I might have a big breakfast for dinner tonight, I like doing that sometimes if I don't feel like cooking in the morning.
  • I had a different breakfast this morning, porridge with some mixed berries :). I've been out this morning doing some voluntary stuff so I've eaten far too much cake so I didn't want lunch.

Dinner will be sausages, accidently left out of the freezer yesterday with mash and steamed veg.

I have got a little gap in the chest freezer now so I'm quite pleased about that :).

PN enjoy your dinner out.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,194 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Last night's dinner had sudden change, the spuds were too big, so made chips, too many, finished up with a large plate of jumbo chips & ham omelette :o

Nothing found on YS patrol, except garden bits in Wilko

Lunch was cheese & chutney on toast [last of the ham went in last night's dinner]

Decided tonight dinner is rerun of what would have been last night's. Smoked Mackerel salad, and I will make some real mash with real spuds to go with it. I love mash splodged with salad cream with a salad

On return from YS patrol I had time spare, and knuckled down to make the pud thing using some of my apples. Never made it before but recipe in the W/rose newspaper. Irish apple cake. Turned out looking nice, no idea about taste yet

Here it is
    apple-cake-1-750px.jpg
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway wrote: »

On return from YS patrol I had time spare, and knuckled down to make the pud thing using some of my apples. Never made it before but recipe in the W/rose newspaper. Irish apple cake. Turned out looking nice, no idea about taste yet
    That looks lovely. I must have missed that, was it in this weeks?
  • PasturesNew
    edited 18 September 2017 at 7:50AM
    W/rose newspapers? I had no idea there were such things! Blimey, it's a different world out there.
    I've had a tomato/cheese sandwich and a small bowl of peanut/honey cornflakes. Pretty hungry though - so not sure what to do.... will be fed in 4-5 hours.
  • PasturesNew
    edited 16 September 2017 at 4:58PM
    I gave in .... still had the minced lamb pie mix from yesterday, so knocked up a cheeky dumpling to go with that :)

Burnt my tongue scoffing it with a big spoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure