UK Stockmarket 2009 and beyond

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    bobbyj wrote: »
    Just added more TMC, a seriously undervalued Nickel miner, take a look but can be hard to buy sometimes. Looks a great recovery play as Nickel price really moving higher these days.
    TMC appears to be having another good day (+2p atm). I thought it might re-test the low 30's before continuing but it appears it may not.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

Last year was a nightmare year for investors relying on a dividend, but the outlook has begun to improve and FTSE 100 dividends could grow 18% in 2010.

http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-/news/markets-companies-and-funds/content.aspx?ID=389416&re=8864&ea=107325
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • bobbyj_2
    bobbyj_2 Posts: 351 Forumite
    edited 23 March 2010 at 1:26PM
    cloud dog I've picked up more TMC, there looks to be imminent action at their Palawan mine and any announcement mining resumption should see the proverbial rocket go under these. 500p+ in the good old mining boom but they I doubt they'll regain that, 200p is achievable though. Worth the research.
  • bobbyj_2
    TMC 10000 only available online to buy , can sell 50000 online though! Think it may well be going higher!
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 March 2010 at 2:57PM
    bobbyj wrote: »
    TMC 10000 only available online to buy , can sell 50000 online though! Think it may well be going higher!
    Its always been that way and can be just as much a pain when you want to offload.

Last time it went to £5 I got in at 90p, sold half at 280p (ish) and road the rest up (and back down a little bit).

I agree that TMC is greatly undervalued but they do have the legal issue to deal with (uncertainty is a horrible thing) and ideally I'd like to see them have a benefaction plant to increase the Ni content (you get lower prices if the content is below 1.5% and TMC are on the limit, some below, some above). Obviously this would cost big bucks but it would be good if they could do a deal with a Chinese smelter.

Be interesting to see what happends when the SP gets back to 44p again. Hopefully good news will fire it through.

EDIT: Its a pity Ican't buy TMC in my ISA account as thats where all my available cash is atm.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • bobbyj_2
    sensible comments cloudy. Had some fun with HLO today and very succesful apart from first trade which lost me 300, done a good few k on it since though going in big around 150p mark as it turned on level 2.
  • bobbyj_2
    Just to add FXPO chairman owns 10% of TMC and they had very good results today. It is back pocket money for him to buy out TMC as he's a billionaire, more interestingly though he needs a supply deal off TMC for his new venture. Things developing nicely i suspect for TMC.
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Still in SOLO bj?
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 23 March 2010 at 9:19PM
    Is nickel important for much, I cant say I know anything about it. I noticed one of the funds I invested in recently is short of zinc, again Im not sure why. Maybe I could look at the charts later for an explanation.
    Do you guys consider the underlying market much or just the company prospects

Took up Sarasin agrisar and investec resources . Investec has the idea of shorting crude and going long the major oil producers which seems reasonable as their reserves are likely undervalued

Looked at RDSB, it seems to be at resistance but I think its more important that the uptrend seems intact and we are out of a multi year downtrend.

This is a gappy erratic type stock (trades heavily in usa I think) and the margins for error are massive but Im hopeful they are to stay positive now

img12693711770637119408.gif

I dont intend to trade RDSBreally but I was looking for some reference to CHK which continues to fall and doesnt look that undervalued relatively.
    They go ex div at this month end

img12693711091285112718.gif

Intel
    I think is approaching the top of its channel. All my charts are arbitrary but I think $25 is a good target for fair value

It just broke past resistance which is great, they are a strong stock and I wouldn't normally sell a good company like this at this point just to take a profit but I think now is a reasonable time to rebalance and partly speculate in the process.

Topside 2313 and bottom 2000 for the rough March/April time scale. Of course cable effects the actual value worth to me, often falls in share price are supported by dollar strength

I see some adjustment before they get to $25, around top of $23 maybe going on previous price action. Its a massive company, I dont think they can just keep gaining without hesitation and profit taking

Cable has been going sideways alot, back in Dec and Jan it entered a bowl type looking formation for a month and the conclusion there was for the apparent rise to end very negatively.

Decided I will do the CHK trade based on the supposition that equity vs commodity is in a bear market.
    Technology is a kind of commodity production but I will look into a fund involving intel as replacement within a sipp, ie. long term

SP500

img12693750314435506168.gif
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Breakout of the 1170 range, didn't last long, market just keeps on grinding higher, quite impressive. Looking for 1170 area to hold as support now, and below that 1150 area. No real resistance between here and the 1230 target called for a few days ago.

US$ still contained within its range, commodities under a little pressure, though oil and PM's managed a gain.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure