Cancelled concert so need to cancel flights

Options
Hello, i have flights booked for next weekend as we were going to watch Flight of the Concords at the 3 arena in Dublin but unfortunately it has been cancelled. One of the lead artists has broken his arm so is unable to play and they have cancelled all european dates, they say all dates will be rescheduled but have no firm dates yet !!!128559; HAve spoken to Ryanair who can only amend the tickets if I have a date, they have just shrugged their shoulders and told me they can't do anything about it, does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• lofielectronic
    Options
    Could you amend the dates to six months time and then, if/when dates are announced amend them again?

That said my experience of rescheduled shows is that often they don't happen for quite some time if at all as it depends on the artists long term plans and commitments and also those of the venues and promoters involved.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I would just go anyway. A night in Dublin would be good craic anyway
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    It often costs as much, if not more to change flights rather than just booking new flights. The flight change fee is £35+ each way per person and then you will pay any difference in flight costs if more (no refund if less). You might get the Govt flight taxes back if more than the admin fee charged for the refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure