0 points on pip assessment for bipolar

I was awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility in 2016 until July 2018. I don’t know if anyone has experience with bipolar but I didn’t attend my mental health apps during 2017 as I was so down.
I was shocked when the mental health team discharged me.
Later in 2017 I became so poorly and nearly set fire to my house so my parents decided to take charge! They called the mental health crisis team and learnt that I was no longer under the the old team because I had not engaged, they explained that this is what happens when I’m left to manage my own therapy. The crisis team referred me back to mental health and my first app was arranged for two months time (29 jan)
In November 2017 I was invited to attend anorher assessment, I was shocked because this was 9 months early.
I attended and upon arrival I had a panic attack, the assessor had to find me outside. It wasn’t the same assessor as last time and she commented on how things had not improved.
She asked a few questions and then said that I could leave via the fire escape because she could see how much distress I wasn’t in ! She shouldn’t do this but woud on this occasion.
So we left via this route and didn’t sign out.
Pip decision came and I had been given 0 points!
She said that I showed no sign of distress and the untruths were unbelievable.
I have waited all this time and last week I received a letter from the tribunal to say they wanted to access my medical files.
I gave them authority.
Does anyone have any experience?
I attended my dr during 2017 and he gave me sick notes stating bipolar
I also got panic attack tablets etc
The only thing that worries me, is my bipolar diagnosis is there and has been a long time
But
The workers at the mental health haven’t known me long enough to know what help I need at home !!!
Anyone got any experience

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family