TPO 1.5G (4G) £4.99/mo deal

Comments

• I feel your frustration!

Just by way of update. I called customer services again this morning. To be told that all number transfers have now gone through and are working! I explained yet again that is not the case and I can only dial out but not receive incoming. I was informed they would send me a trouble shooting email, which I did actually receive, but this told me ...to switch off my phone, remove sim card, wait a couple of minutes and replace, to turn the phone back on and then follow the link in the email to send through a text which would have mms settings to download. Hence the text never came through and the problem is still exactly the same.

I then called customer services again who low and behold, advised me that the porting had not gone through correctly! They couldn't redo the port, as the number now belongs to them.
    I have been suggesting this from the very start! Again I was told this would be sent through to the technical team and I would receive a response from them by close of play today... Needless to say I hold no hope with this company that I will actually receive anything from them. You are lucky you have had an email saying they will keep an eye on your account, as I have had nothing other than my contact to them.

I wish I had followed my gut and gone with Virgin Mobile from the start:(

I am in two minds whether to just ask for a PAC code and go elsewhere, but like you my worry is the problem if not resolved first will carry over to a new provider.

I am seriously contemplating just getting another sim with another provider, cancelling the contract and forgetting I even had this number... albeit I've had for maybe 15 years + :mad:

I may give them till Friday, surely they can rectify the problem by then?

If anyone who has the same problem could let me know if and when you ever get it resolved, I will do likewise.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Use the resolver service if you want it sorted, its free so can't hurt.
  • What is the resolver service?
  • Twiglets10 wrote: »
    What is the resolver service?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Some general advice, when situations like this happen, make sure you are calling from another line and ask the customer service rep to call your number, on occasions this may help persuade the network that there really is a problem.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Twiglets10 wrote: »
    What is the resolver service?

Just Google it.
  • Thank you Phil, I have now put this in motion. Pmduk they have apparently done this today, so they know the position.
  • Hi there, just to update that again I have no joy yet. I was told in an email yesterday that it was fixed and to reboot the phone.... still doesnt work. I logged a request for call back which hasnt happened and have resorted to online chat again this morning with the same line (by the same Miah support person... as if it is actually a single person) and am told its being 'investigated'.

I have just used the Resolver service to see if that assists in any way and I am asking for what escalation path I can use although from experience with them so far I doubt that exists! Once the problem is resolved I am probably going to move away from them, thank god its a rolling 1 month contract!
  • I've been experiencing exactly the same thing - port scheduled for 13th, outbound calls/texts available on the 14th, no inbound service whatsoever. (I understand this is termed a split port).

Live chat people keep saying that the issue is being looked into with no indication as to when it may be resolved.

Is there anyone who has had this issue and had it resolved who can indicate how long we could be waiting?
  • I am still no further forward either. I have just today at 13.12 received an email from them informing me the number has transferred over and they are aware I am having problems with incoming calls.... no joke! It's been a week today. They are telling me the same, that it has been escalated to the technical team, they have told me this every day. I did ask the girl I spoke to today "Kayla" how much longer this is going to take. She said normally 2 days but they have flagged as high importance. To be honest I am taking everything they say with a pinch of salt.

I have today ordered a virgin mobile SIM, with the view I will probably never get my ported number back. I will give them till the end of the week, if no joy, I will be cancelling... I just hope we don't have hassle trying to do that :eek:.

If I get sorted I will post here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport