Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Comments

• You are right, but after one set of anti's and then going the next week and being told it was a sore throat, I felt a bit dismissed. I will go this week.

I also need to book an appointment for DS, we both think there is something more to his behaviour - I have my suspicions.. so I need to know one way or another..

My pay is in and I've divvied up the rest of the money due in this month and I've got a bit extra to pay off CC3 and CC5 and to OP on the mortgage - I've just lost track when I'm waiting for balances to update.. will update when I can. Don't want to pay the actual money to CC3 until the statement is produced so I cover the minimum payment due..

Happy Monday all!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Let the littlies watch TV after School as they had both read their books at School.. hence why I'm on here.. 100 points on Ips0s, 50p on Y0ug0v and 60p on the academic website. £5 in from Pc-one and added to Am@zon balance. Productive 30 mins!

Got a telephone appointment for DS tomorrow which is probably easier as I didn't want to take him with me and then talk about him like he wasn't there.. hoping we get a clear steer tomorrow as to whether there may or may not be an issue..

Will update my balances tonight when littlies are in bed. Me and DH are having a takeaway just cos it's payday!
  • Ooh what takeaway you having?

Hope you get some answers from the drs xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Chinese MTG!

Balances updated.. finally some downwards movement on CC5 - would love that under £1k this month.. will try, but not much more pennies to come in now.. unless I switch some pennies from CC3 to there as I've not actually made that payment yet.. hmmmmm

Super long day ahead today.. can't say I'm looking forward to it - just hoping to wade through the massive to do pile I currently have..
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm empathising with you as I had a day like that yesterday! Was. Shattered when I walked in!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • User1489
    User1489 Posts: 400 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I am joining this thread! I purchased my flat in central Brighton this year on my own after TEN YEARS of saving for a deposit. I have no debt (I paid off my student loan and credit cards after uni).

When I completed, I took a step back and realised on my 30 year mortgage I would pay back £1.70 for every £1.00 I borrowed - scandalous! So now I am throwing everything I can at the mortgage while maintaining a good standard of life that I owe myself after scrimping for the deposit in my youth.

As an accountant/financial modeller I worked through the numbers pretty quickly and can just pay off my mortgage by... May 2023 - the same month I turn 40!

My current mind-set is that every £1 I pay off under my new payment scheme (I'm overpaying about £1k a month) actually pays off £1.30 - TAKE THAT BANK! You'd never get a savings interest rate like that!

I'll post more tonight, I'm just glad I found some people who are along for the ride :)
    Baby Step 1 - £1k Emergency Fund - COMPLETE
    Baby Step 2 - Pay off all debts except the Mortgage - £9,326 to go
    Baby Step 3 - Save 6 months of expenses into full Emergency Fund - £4,300 to go

Baby Step 4 - Put 15% into Pension
    Baby Step 6 - Pay off the Mortgage early
    Baby Step 7 - Live like no-one else :D
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was wondering about how to speak to the doctor about things you don't want your child to hear! We have an issue that's a bit embarrassing and I don't want DD to feel bad but probably should address it. I hope you get some answers.

I have tried to do surveys whilst DD watches TV but she has some weird sense that I'm trying to concentrate and ensures that she talks to me CONSTANTLY. :rotfl: That or she'll say, "I don't want the TV on, I want you to make me a [ridiculous idea] out of cardboard instead".
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What a loooonnnng day, not helped by waiting for the GP to call all day.. she was really lovely though and we have agreed a way forward, cue an awkward conversation with School this week.

Haven't looked at any surveys tonight and not sure if I can be bothered now..
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Go easy on yourself this evening df1d, good to hear GP was supportive & have a plan of action :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hope you managed to speak to school DF0D xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business