Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Morries have pulled the beans offer:eek::o:mad:

Supermarkets should learn to play by the rules and see promotions through to the end.....just like we do:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Hope everyone managed to get some
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I'm going to be in so much trouble when I eventually get home been out since 9.30am :o

2 trolley loads from Wilko :eek:

Don't know about a tiny boot stash my corsa is full :o

Including 4 penguin cushions £1.50 each and they had some lovely kitten paw sniffer ones too and robins :)

You are so very naughty:rotfl:

Where’s that little card gone that you used to carry around?:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me it’s only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    Hopefully those who wanted beans got some before they changed the offer.

Sorry it is over for anyone who missed out.

From my own perspective I hope they haven’t reversed my vouchers!

Anon
    B@gger, Today I had the choice, Grumpy Knickers Tax SA or a trip to morribobs... looks like I chose wrong!
    Never mind, can relax as tax is done.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    midwinter wrote: »
    https://www.yha.org.uk/special-offer/free-breaks-families

YHA are offering a free two-night stay with meals in our Youth Hostels in England and Wales to families struggling with financial hardship, disability, long-term illness, bereavement, homelessness or other challenging circumstances, to enable them to have some quality family time.

Plese see their web page for more information.

You don’t know how timely this is midwinter. This is perfect for a family I know who are desperate for a break.

Thank you:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to leave my cushions in the car tonight :o

Mr TS not particularly happy with my bargains :eek: He has no idea how much anything costs though. He thinks I should save the money now and just buy when I actually need it all....he has no idea.
    Oh TS my dear old grumpy has no idea either, when I come home I am usually greeted with 'and what have you bought now!'

He does though, when I explain things, brag a little to his mates about how cheap I get stuff for.

The boot of my car is also a store room, unfortunately my car is now the better car for long trips, so I need plenty of notice to clear the boot and stash stuff elsewhere!
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me it’s only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance

Oh no mrsmac:o. You must be awfully shook up:o

Yes cars and bricks and mortar can be replaced. You are ok and that’s the main thing:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Hello, happy new year! For those that may remember me I moved 2 years ago and stopped posting as I wasn't getting out so much with my shopping buddy.
    I must mention I haven't had t buy any cleaning /soap capsules/shampoo/shower gel products since moving, and probably have enough for next 2 years at least.
    I still keep my finger in by doing reduction shops, which have proved to save even more money and I have 3 freezers now!
    Moved on and up lol
    Had to come on today to say went to Asda today and bought the Muller's, 12 for £3.
    The old ones are the best £3.02 APG. Compared to Tesco at 50p each.
    Hope this isn't old news, but twice told better than never.
    LL

Hello LL:)

Yes lots of us have been taking advantage of the old muller lust:D

Now you’ve found us again, don’t disappear:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Well they shouldn’t t do but it depends how many you bought I suppose.

Thanks to the op who posted a pic showing exactly where the contactless part is on the Santander atm . I managed a couple there today .

On my San the contactless was working yesterday but disabled today and not showing on screen :eek:.

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I have set up a Just Giving page in memory of our lovely sal and donations are to be made to Martlets Hospice where she spent her final days

She wasn’t a lady for fuss but I’m sure she would have forgiven us for wanting to honour her memory in this way.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766303

Her funeral will take place on the 9th January and it will be private. Her family have suggested that we could perhaps remember her in our own way by raising a toast that evening to an incredible lady who will be missed so much:A:A

This is probably the last time I’ll post this link......

I hope today went as well as it could for Sal’s Family.

I’m still on target for Dry January but will raise my glass of squash to a fine lady:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills