Anyone used the Shpock app?

Comments

• Going to stick to my motto here. All positive reviews are SPAM and all negative ones are those with an axe to grind.

Who really signs up to leave positive reviews? sorry REVIEW never to return?

I have to say that it's a shame you tar everyone with one brush. Leaving a review is something I do very sparingly. I do it when it is relevant to me because I am using it, buying it, considering or what ever it is... If I feel I have anything worthy to say about a product or service, then I do so.

When it comes to positive reviews, I leave them because there will always be a lot of people happy and willing to leave bad reviews... but how about some 'shout outs' to the good ones... I am sorry if you feel my personal review was 'spam'
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Going to stick to my motto here. All positive reviews are SPAM and all negative ones are those with an axe to grind.

I've left a positive review for Shpock, I didn't sign up ten years ago with the amazing foresight to review an app that didn't exist back then :D

Had 3 more sales on it over the weekend. One was a lovely lady who travelled a good 60 miles to buy my aquarium. The only 'issue' I ever had if you could call it that was a woman who turned up at 11pm to pick up a kids toy one weeknight (with small child).

As for the phones comment above, common sense really comes into play here.
    Never buy a phone via paypal gift
    If you must buy one do it in person at the home address and get a receipt
    Never buy 'unwanted upgrades'
    If you want to be 100% safe never buy a second hand phone :p
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    clriding wrote: »
    I have to say that it's a shame you tar everyone with one brush. Leaving a review is something I do very sparingly. I do it when it is relevant to me because I am using it, buying it, considering or what ever it is... If I feel I have anything worthy to say about a product or service, then I do so.

When it comes to positive reviews, I leave them because there will always be a lot of people happy and willing to leave bad reviews... but how about some 'shout outs' to the good ones... I am sorry if you feel my personal review was 'spam'

I dont tar everyone with the same brush. Just those that join a website/forum to leave positive feedback for one company/site and never return. Why would you do that when this is not even a review site.

If you really did want to leave a review on a company you thought that deserved it why not join a review site and leave feedback?

I gave a customer some excellent service today and didnt charge them a penny, should i create a new username on here and tell everyone how good i am? And never comment on anything else EVER?

Its all about a positive contribution to the forum is it not? and a brand new user leaving one positive OR negative comment is not a positive contribution in my eyes. Just reeks of SPAM.

Same goes for the single negative comment on the previous page i wouldnt trust that either.
    If they had been on here for some time and contibuted to the forum then i wouldnt shout SPAMMER. Except the rare occasion where one user always raves about one company in virtually every post.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Going to stick to my motto here. All positive reviews are SPAM and all negative ones are those with an axe to grind.

I sold my phone don't recall my review being spam. Perhaps you should renew your motto.

If you want to be 100% safe never buy a second hand phone :p

So all phone sellers are scammers? Sold mine without any problem so I must be a scammer?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I sold my phone don't recall my review being spam. Perhaps you should renew your motto.

Did you signup to some random non review forum and leave a positive review and never return then?

If i were to leave a review then i wouldnt sign up to this forum, i would use one of the many review sites or forums, I have opened an account on tripadvisor to leave comments on places i visit, I dont signup here with a new account and leave feedback and never return.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    So all phone sellers are scammers? Sold mine without any problem so I must be a scammer?

I think you need to reread my post that you actually quoted.
  • I dont tar everyone with the same brush. Just those that join a website/forum to leave positive feedback for one company/site and never return. Why would you do that when this is not even a review site.

If you really did want to leave a review on a company you thought that deserved it why not join a review site and leave feedback?

I gave a customer some excellent service today and didnt charge them a penny, should i create a new username on here and tell everyone how good i am? And never comment on anything else EVER?

Its all about a positive contribution to the forum is it not? and a brand new user leaving one positive OR negative comment is not a positive contribution in my eyes. Just reeks of SPAM.

Same goes for the single negative comment on the previous page i wouldnt trust that either.
    If they had been on here for some time and contibuted to the forum then i wouldnt shout SPAMMER. Except the rare occasion where one user always raves about one company in virtually every post.

So, should I just respond with a simple 'yes' or 'no' to whether I use Shpock with nothing else to add? I actually like reading forums to get people's opinions. I learn a lot from forums. I just very rarely write something myself unless it is relevant to me at that time. I think you are rather very rude as I thought I was only adding value, by giving further 'feedback' about it. I WILL add further comments, thoughts, opinions or even reviews, when and on what subject I feel I want to bother writing about. I am a busy person and this was nothing more than the fact that as I was getting used to Shpock and asking Google questions about using it, this forum actually came up in the search, so I clicked for further info, then I decided to leave my opinion/findings of it on here... nothing more.

I've not replied until now as I have been on my annual holiday. Thanking you.
  • The review's option on Shpock is not an option to rate the service of the App itself, it is a Review aimed specifically towards each transaction made between the Seller and Buyer. Same kind of system that eBay uses with its Feedbacks option!. I mean, isn't it best for all involved to know if the buyer or seller you are thinking of spending your money with is known to have a good reputation or not?. Well the Shpock 'review' is a way for people to check out the selling & buying history of the person in question, i.e. The personal experience of others who have dealt with the person. If reviews from others are negative then at least you get a heads up of what kind of service to expect.
  • jbond
    jbond Posts: 107
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    There's also an annoying feature where people send you a message saying they " like " your item!

Don't know if they've changed things since you posted, but I'd say that's pretty much pointless, unless it acts as some kind of 'promotion' for the ad, i.e. it bumps it up the listings or something beneficial to you?

Just getting into the app now, or rather trying to. Doesn't seem to like my tablet very much!

Personally, I find the TV advert a bit cheap and tacky. Reminds me of them late night ads for adult phone texting services :-)
    Think it's got something to do with that girls voice!
    The website doesn't look too bad though.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I have it on my phone but absolutely nothing of interest on sale anywhere near me, and the descriptions/offers/enquiries relating to listed items indicate a very poor level of literacy.

That was my experience of it too plus it all seems to be a load of old tat that should ideally be thrown in the bin.

My local Facebook page isn't much better.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback