PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Can you freeze cooked pasta?

I am having a cooking day at the weekend and I know it must seem like I'm really lazy in the week, but I want as much as poss to be ready to just re-heat. I'm going to make some spag bol, chilli, curry, couple of soups etc and was wondering whether I could cook and then freeze the pasta. (I will be doing the rice as well, but I've done that before and it works.) I just know that if it's not all 'packaged up' I will probably think 'I can't be bothered getting the pasta out of the cupboard and cooking it for a whole 10 mins!' which I know sounds daft, but I just want to see how far I can go with this 'cooking twice a month' thing.

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Yes, you can freeze cooked pasta. I quite often freeze spag bol with pasta so I have a complete meal for the kids.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Super Duper! I will be all organised for the next few weeks then! Thanks again.
  • Daisy
    Daisy Posts: 156 Forumite
    Oh I didn't know that. I often cook too much pasta and end up throwing it away. I know what to do with it now. Thanks!
  • Buttercup
    Buttercup Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks- I also throw mine away.
    Sarah x
  • mink35
    mink35 Posts: 6,068 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry - my strange sense of humour I know but... Daisy and Buttercup posting one after another... :D
    Mink
  • lswwong
    lswwong Posts: 407 Forumite
    I find that a good quality pasta like De Cecco made with hard durum wheat freezes well when cooked (and reheats well). Pasta made with softer wheat flours don't fare as well but it still works.
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 637 Forumite
    I always mix my pasta in with the bolognese. Is it possible to freeze cooked pasta on it's own then?

BTW lol too mink35 :D
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time) :D
  • lswwong
    lswwong Posts: 407 Forumite
    Yeah, I have freezed cooked pasta on its own and it was fine.
  • mink35
    mink35 Posts: 6,068 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Luis wrote:
    BTW lol too mink35 :D

Does that mean we're both strange then... :D
    Mink
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 637 Forumite
    I think so mink35 - wouldn't it be boring to be normal?

(hoping an Ermintrude comes along now to complete the set :rotfl: )
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time) :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport