Co-operative Bank-reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• traceyj_4
    Options
    Ive just logged on to my co-op bank account to order copies of statement, and it says they charge £5 per copy, and as I need at lest 10, its gonna cost me! Im surte I read somewhere there was a maximum chagre of £10 ....... am I right?

Many thanks

Tracey
  • lozza_76
    lozza_76 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    We started the process at the beginning of Feb. Use the first template letter - the Co-op returned our £10 cheque so there was no cost for a list of charges. We ended up claiming £755 plus interest and received a letter dated 29 March saying they'd get in touch in 4 weeks and aim to resolve the problem 4 weeks after that. Looks like we should send the last letter anyway.
    Reading this thread is encouraging... it seems they have just paid up in some cases!
  • spuddy_puddin
    Options
    well thank you everybody, today i checked my account and found that 2592.00 had been added to account as adj comm!!!! i know i was asking for 3166 but hey its now in my account and not theirs.money was returned after sending letter requesting a refund so stick at it, it really is easy peasy thanks again
    going to chase credit card companies now hope they pay up as quickly and easily as the coop
    regards
    shell xx
  • golddigger_3
    Options
    just an update - sending LBA to Co-op Credit Card tomorrow - 14 days is up!
    Lovin' it
    Womder how they will refund money as its not a bank account - back on to card or cheque? mmmm...
    LBM 22nd February 2007 - Amount in debt £72,242.23:confused: one month on :rolleyes: £63,900;) 2nd month 60,000.09
    Aiming to be debt free October 2010:eek:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT - official dfw nerd no.348/ DMP mutual support member no.8
    Quidco: £4.07 Pigsback £17.10 Mrs Cashback 17.75 £2 savings club - £48 Loose change savings - £6.72 Woolworths Christmas Savings Card £10Reclaiming bank charges so far... £219 from Egg, £175 from Co-operative CC, £490 from Halifax One, at local court stage with HSBC and LLoyds & Marbles, MCOL with Mint
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    traceyj wrote: »
    Ive just logged on to my co-op bank account to order copies of statement, and it says they charge £5 per copy, and as I need at lest 10, its gonna cost me! Im surte I read somewhere there was a maximum chagre of £10 ....... am I right?

Many thanks

Tracey

You need to use the template letter in Martin's article which asks for the information/statements under the DPA for a maximum of £10 as banks can and do charge for individual statements.

Step-by-step Guides: Bank Charges: Reclaim Your Cash | Bank Charges Video Guide | Top New Bank Account Calculator: Charge them interest Template Letters: (right click and save) Ask for charge details |Initial letter | Second letter | Small claims note Get Updates On Important Changes: Free Weekly Money Tip
  • in-debt
    in-debt Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the 6th March I sent off my £10.00 to the Co-op bank with the letter. I received back two days ago a letter and a list of charges with all the dates from 2001 - 2007. I am a little confused with the charges as it gives the dates column, commission column, debit interest column, fees column and the fees refund column. Is this the right information I have received or should I have received statemtns like I requested. They have also returned my £10.00 cheque and stated that the information I requested there was no charge for.

Can anyone help me out here before I go any further.
  • in-debt
    in-debt Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not bad just checked out the other posts and it looks like someone else has received a list of charges and not bank statements. I have now wrote out my letter to hopefully recieve the charges plus interest.

Many thanks
  • jubaxt
    jubaxt Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone got the data protection address for coop please to claim charge refund-ta
    april 2015-april2016...mark knofler tickets,sarah millican tickets, easter gift box
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First post in the Reclaim Help Thread, link in my signature...
  • dazrama3
    dazrama3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I received my charges - not statements - on Friday and I've sent my letter requesting the return of over £2,500.

I will post my reply when I hear something.

In investigating my account history I am horrified at what they have been getting away with - sure, I've made mistakes - but the amount they charged me is ridiculous!!!

I am fully prepared to take them on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport