Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    robrooo wrote: »
    Sorry, as I understand it ebay did get their fees, since the transaction cancellation was never actioned, just requested. The sale went through and all amounts were paid via PayPal.

No, but I guess they will find out if they bother to investigate.

If you did nothing - Ebay cancel the sale. I thought thats what you meant had happened. If it did - ebay lost their fees - paypal kept theirs.

Ebay can''t investigate what they don't know about - they aren't that clever.
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    Options
    techspec wrote: »
    You asked for the account closing. Should have done that AFTER reading the replies :rotfl::rotfl:

Your logic is as infallible as Quidco's.

The account is still there, just access blocked. This is not the same thing as closing an account.

Quidco has failed to comply with a perfectly reasonable request for disclosure of data held.

Quidco has not provided me with any assurances that my data has been deleted, nor that my accounts have been unlinked from Quidco nor that my account is closed. Indeed, to the contrary, Quidco has directed me to log into my account for a response!

The only thing Quidco has possibly done is to change the password and prevent my access to my account.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Monkey82 wrote: »
    Yes, 3 months ago. In fact, just had an update to say you're still working on it. Not sure that it can actually require this much work.

I'm more interested in why no-one gets paid out by this company and why Quidco still offers cashback from them. Do you look at the history of failed cashback claims?

Anyway, I'm currently making my first claim through TCB and if that clears OK, I'll be moving permanently. Sorry Quidco, but you aren't what you used to be.

they are still working on my hastings direct cash back that went through in March !
  • jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know when the next payment is from quidco? I've got money cleared and want to know is it the middle or the end of this month? Thanks
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 12:02AM
    Options
    jak wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next payment is from quidco? I've got money cleared and want to know is it the middle or the end of this month? Thanks

Thought it was every Thursday now (allow a couple of days to arrive).
  • jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. It's been a while since I had money cleared so I wasn't sure x
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • geriann
    geriann Posts: 158 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you have to use a credit or debit card to use Quidco?
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone!

@weebit Quidco compare purchases can take up to 2 months to track into your account, please make sure you have verified it though on the Quidcare Support tab

@robrooo – unfortunately because the order was cancelled it will decline the claim you raise. Do raise the claim anyway as it will e up to eBay whether or not they decide to honour it.

@vixtagirl – Unfortunately we do not have the details of the specific place that this was paid to. I regards to getting in contact with a member of staff at Dell, you will need to ask for someone in the affiliate marketing department. Hope this helps!

@Monkey82 : I'm very sorry you feel this way please be assured that this retailer does in fact pay out cashback. We monitor declined purchases and our retailers on a regular basis. If we find that a retailer is not paying cashback then we would remove them from the site. As we have no cause for concern yet with Jackpot City, there's no need to worry they are just a bit behind at the moment but be assured that we are working on it.

@P2TKL: If you can raise a support ticket to our Quidcare team on the following link please: http://www.quidco.com/help/#967 somebody will get back to you within the next 48 hours.

@andrea_louise: if you can raise a ticket on http://www.quidco.com/help/#967 , we can get an update for you, I'm very sorry it has taken so long already.

@rummy: I understand your concern. There are various factors as to why purchases may not track, and as I say it doesn't mean that they won't get paid. Also it may be worth noting that just because a purchase tracks this doesn't guarantee payment either, as we can never guarantee cashback until it is confirmed. I do understand that it is a lot of money so of course it is completely your choice. In regards to the Experian cashback unfortunately they were one of the few retailers that did not accept cashback claims, so regrettably in a case like that if a purchase doesn't track there is nothing that we can do.

@point3: What will have happened is that we closed your account as requested, but what we normally do is reply and then put the ticket on hold. The details we hold on the system are only payment details (bank account, sort code, possibly card number if you signed up to in-store cashback) and of course your name and email but only if you have put these in yourself, please be aware once an account is closed these details are removed. Can you send us an email at [EMAIL="members@quidco.com"]members@quidco.com[/EMAIL] so we can check whether the account is definitely closed, thanks.

@chrissyG: can you please raise a support ticket with our Quidcare team so we can check what status your purchase is in, thanks. http://www.quidco.com/help/#967

@jak: techspec is right it's every Thursday now, and it can take a few days to appear in your bank account, hope that helps.

@geriann: For on;ine cashback you will need to link your account to your bank account or Paypal. For in-store purchases (please check our site for a list of participating retailers) you will need to register a debit or credit card.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    Options
    @point3: What will have happened is that we closed your account as requested, but what we normally do is reply and then put the ticket on hold. The details we hold on the system are only payment details (bank account, sort code, possibly card number if you signed up to in-store cashback) and of course your name and email but only if you have put these in yourself, please be aware once an account is closed these details are removed. Can you send us an email at [EMAIL="members@quidco.com"]members@quidco.com[/EMAIL] so we can check whether the account is definitely closed, thanks.
    • Is that to be taken as Quidco's refusal to reply to my existing enquiries through its official Quidcare "Contact Us" channel?
    • Do you assert that all the personally identifiable data, including but not limited to members' names, addresses, telephone numbers, birthdates, account usernames and e-mails, submitted to Quidco in the process of raising cashback claims are never held on record?
    • If the account is "closed", why link to a page inviting a "Sign-In"?
    • What assurances do I have that you have removed my debit and credit card details from in-store tracking, and that Quidco does not intend to continue to profit from my future in-store purchases?
    • Does Quidco intend to keep outstanding cashback amounts on the "closed" account for itself? Or will it be making an effort to repay the cashback to its members?
    I'm not happy with the responses received at all.

Imagine if a bank responded to a customer's request for account closure by changing a password, refusal to give an honest reply to a request for disclosure of personal data, and all the while keeping the customer's balance and allowing direct debits to continue!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    [QUOTE=quidco Company Representative;57729627]Hello everyone

@chrissyG: can you please raise a support ticket with our Quidcare team so we can check what status your purchase is in, thanks. http://www.quidco.com/help/#967

i have already done so already below is the response;
    Quidcare

11 Oct 12 at 06:45
    We're delighted to tell you that your Hastings Direct Car Insurance cashback claim has been approved and now we're just waiting for them to confirm your cashback.
    Once your cashback is confirmed and received by Quidco, we'll update your claim to "confirmed" status in your Activity Page.

i have contacted the team via the link requesting an update, but hastings direct is marked as faster paying which clearly is untrue.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback