Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, not sure where all this energy is coming from actually! May crash and burn mid-week. Have a pretty challenging week ahead workwise too so maybe it's time to sit and drink coffee?
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I should say so!
  • CathT
    Options
    Well I have to say I didn't mind this rainy bank holiday at all!

Managed to get so much done in the house:

• DH finished painting the kitchen (needed touch ups from leak and messy children's fingerprints!
    • Sorted out all the clothes upstairs
    • Did 2 charity shop runs
    • Went to get old stuff weighed at a ca3h4cloth3s place but was a massive queue and figured we didn't need the few pounds that much to wait so that went in the Oxfam bank outside the supermarket.
    • Playroom cleaned and re-arranged - looks so much better
    • Kitchen given a good tidy up and clean, all clutter is gone!
    • Sold a few items making £31
    • DD learned to ride her bike without stabilisers
    • DH and I took it in turns to have a lie in!
    Actually feel really good and happy! Also did a 3.5k run and am on day 2 of shred. Am already planning when to fit it in tomorrow as back at work.

Also did a meal plan for the week as DH seemed to think we needed a food shop. It seems we don't, we just needed to get creative and check what we already have!
  • CathT
    edited 28 August 2014 at 6:35AM
    Options
    Wednesday already! These bank hols have their benefits.

Need to keep spends low today. Have avoided the need for some stationery items which has saved a few ££££. :j

Off out for lunch today so need to keep choice SW friendly and low cost. We are eating at quite a nice a la carte place so delicious choices will be tempting! Have done 3 days of shred and cheeky weigh in shows a weight gain! :mad:That will be an extra night of vino and a couple of puddings this week.

In MFW news, still in my overdraft! DH gets paid weekly but we won't get out of it this week and haven't paid nursery bill yet. I also need to do a CC balance transfer and once account in credit make Tilly tidies to it to try and help balance down.

Meal plan going well although I am nearly out of coffee and have a Mr S £5 off £50 spend so may venture there this week.
  • CathT
    Options
    Had a rather spendy day! :eek:

Paid balance on DS nursery fees after voucher payment so that was £212, Mr S shop £78 and 0% CC bills £110! DH got paid today but the account is worse than it was at the start of the day.

However, I did successfully negotiate my pay rise which is worth at least an extra £1000 per year and DH is managing to steadily do OT. When I return to shifts he will be able to extend his day as I will sometimes be at home in the week. He is fortunate to work for a company which continues to grow and expand so always extra work available and paid at an overtime rate. :D

More positives, it's the weekend, I have no academic stuff to do and Friday = Wine! :beer:
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on your pay rise. X
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done on the payrise and dd learning to ride without stabilisers.

Enjoy the wine
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news on the pay rise cath, well done :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Options
    Thank you, it was something I had to chase up or I would have just gone without. Very glad that is money on my pocket though. :D

Struggling to wake up this morning!

Today's to do list
    • Make some party invitations
    • Look at home insurance renewal and compare to quote - check TCB
    • DH book car MOT
    • [STRIKE]Check british gas bills[/STRIKE] They want to increase Elec from £39-£47 as we are £17 in debit. For the gas we are only £24 in credit but want to reduce dd from £40 to £20!
    • Sort out CC 0% transfer
    • Check DD has all uniform for return to school
    • Organise paperwork in study area of playroom
    • Sort out union for return to original post
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Cath

Just stopped by to say hello and thanks for popping into my diary.
    Also :T well done on the payrise

I feel your pain re: the utility company. I had to get onto mine yesterday as they wanted to increase my DD despite the fact I am almost £55 in credit :mad: I don't mind having a bit of credit on the account when heading into winter but they are certainly not getting more than they already do! I soon pointed out the error in their logic and (sensibly!) they agreed to keep it as it was.

Have a lovely weekend

BW :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport