Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• EllasPa
    EllasPa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

EllasPa - So we can assist you further with your account, please resubmit the form after clearing your cache and cookies then trying an alternative browser.

Ronnn - Thanks for providing us with your reference number. I can see that the team have been in touch. Should you have any further queries, please respond to our latest email.

Thanks,

Natasha
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK

Hi Natasha

I decided to use Resolver instead. Yesterday I received a letter from Vodaphone confirming everything was clear and the account is closed. I was really impressed with resolver and would recommend anyone to use this free service if you are struggling with a complaint.
  • ajp1309
    ajp1309 Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am another that is leaving vodafone after over 20 years. Just find it so hard to try and get some one to explain a bill to me its not worth the hassle.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    EllasPa wrote: »
    Hi Natasha

I decided to use Resolver instead. Yesterday I received a letter from Vodaphone confirming everything was clear and the account is closed. I was really impressed with resolver and would recommend anyone to use this free service if you are struggling with a complaint.

Thanks for letting us know that this has been resolved for you EllasPa.
    ajp1309 wrote: »
    I am another that is leaving vodafone after over 20 years. Just find it so hard to try and get some one to explain a bill to me its not worth the hassle.

ajp1309, if you'd like us to take a look at your account, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 15550053 - reference number

Mother in Law has been trying to change to a nano-sim to upgrade her phone for weeks with no success.... please could you help look into it as it's driving her insane with no help from the complaints team or resolution in site. I've been and bought a nano sim and completed the online forms but still not transferred 36 hours later !

She's not technologically gifted hence this is even more frustrating/confusing for her!
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi JonSargent1982,

I've just checked your reference and can see that we replied earlier today.

If your mother-in-law needs any further help, let us know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 March 2017 at 9:28AM
    In 2014, I took out a contract with Vodafone through Carphonewarehouse for my stepdaughter. I signed a paper contract, the direct debit was through her bank account and everything was hunky-dory. 2 months ago, having assumed that the original contract was finished I enquired as to whether my name is still linked to her mobile number/account.

Now I have learnt that in Oct 2015 she was able to upgrade to a more expensive phone directly with Vodafone and also, add another ipad/data number to the account, all online, without my knowledge.

My question is - how is this able to happen? I have never seen a contract for this new upgrade/additional phone so is it binding? My stepdaughter has not lived with me for 2 years now yet she was able to use my name, date of birth and old address to obtain 2 products. Even if she was able to upgrade online, surely a signature was needed on paper, either for the contract or she would need to sign for the new phone & tablet when picking it up from a shop?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I've had scores of contracts and never signed for any of them. Mine are all done on-line. If she had all your details and got a male friend to do it over the phone it would have been easy.
  • bertiewhite
    First Post
    I've had scores of contracts and never signed for any of them. Mine are all done on-line. If she had all your details and got a male friend to do it over the phone it would have been easy.

and how about actually taking possession of the phone? She used an old address which neither of us were living at anymore so I'm assuming she would have had to pickup in store. Surely they wouldn't have just handed over a phone to just anybody?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I can't answer supposition. The upgrade would have been easy. As for the handover of the phone... ask CPW. They are the people you should be taking this up with.
  • bertiewhite
    First Post
    I can't answer supposition. The upgrade would have been easy. As for the handover of the phone... ask CPW. They are the people you should be taking this up with.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the original contract was taken out through CPW but the upgrade directly through Vodafone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure