PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 16 December 2016

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 16 December 2016 at 7:46AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 16 December 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was pork steaks, mash, LO cauli/broc cheese, carrots, peas and gravy, ice cream for dessert. Dinner tonight for the menfolk will be chicken and bacon kievs, chips and beans/veg, for me probably a mushroom omelette and salad. I had ceasar salad for lunch yesterday and very nice it was too.

Yesterday I wasn't as productive as I wanted to be, visiting town and did what I needed to do, then by the time I got home, sorted the prezzies I needed to take, wrap etc, sorted a couple of loads of washing, cleared up in the kitchen, it was time to leave to go to my friends. Once I got to hers we then went to her local spoons' type place and had lovely lunch and loads of catch up chat, we then went back to hers for coffee. I've now realised when I got home how much more relaxed and better in myself I feel - I just don't normally take some time for me, yes, I sit on the pc etc but that's generally within what I need to do for the household, paying bills, keep track of the bank accounts etc, insurance, researching goods and services. So I will definitely be taking some more time out of the daily routine just for me, it will take some juggling around and may not always be possible, but I need to find the work/life/me balance. That's all a bit deep for a Friday morning....! Good news also is friends children now both at school, so she's more available so hopefully future catch ups won't be so difficult to arrange, we realised yesterday other than text contact we hadn't seen each other in almost a year!

Today, I'll be heading to the SM first thing, I want to get all the non perishable food sorted today, so all I need next week is the perishable bits. I do have some present bits still to do, but nothing that's going to take too much to organise. Now thinking about it, I have quite a list of stuff to do, so will just get done what I can, most important stuff first - washing, drying and ironing, as I'm working tomorrow and need uniform etc, xmas cake needs marzipan on it too. I haven't wrapped any prezzies either - it's feeling like the list is getting longer by the minute!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning folks. I am back with you after my leave of absence nursing Mr TA. The op was longer, messier and more complicated than they expected but he is recovering nicely, albeit slowly. The blockage is of unknown origin so biopsies taken and results to wait for. They say 3/4 weeks so yet another worrying wait ahead for us. He is finding the stent annoying and, as yet, it hasn't helped ease his problem, He is still up numerous times a night.

I got my blood result in the midst of all this and at least that's good news! The sodium levels are back to normal so the change in bp medication did the trick.

Life goes on and I had the three DGDs last night for tea and sleepover. They are still asleep but will be to waken up soon for the school run and the chaos that goes with getting them fed and ready. Middle DGD been off school all week for rehearsals for the pantomime at the Alhambra which starts tomorrow and runs till the end of January. We are going Tuesday, as a big group, to watch it. Planning on going for a meal somewhere first.

Better move. (((HUGS))) to all in need. So many with the nasty cold bug too, so hope you soon recover. So far (touch wood) we have managed to avoid it. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Morning all
    Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all the poorlies, Tru thanks for the songs and carols.

Last day at work for me today, it's been manic for the last few days, staff always want stuff for the first day back and forget that we don't work the holiday's anymore.

I went out with ds and his gf last night and had a good time.

Time I set off for work.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Thanks for the thread nmlc, and I agree, it's too easy to forget about 'me' in the melee of work, home, family.

Good to hear from you TA, hopefully the drama is over for now.

It's been another mild night. I fell asleep listening to a podcast about how six or eight hours sleep are bad but seven hours is perfect. So here I am 7 hours later, perhaps it's sub-conscious.

My afternoon will be used up by taking the dementia patient to visit her husband in hospital again. This'll be the last trip for a while as she's going into the QE hospital in Glasgow for her knee op on Monday so will be away for a while.

More tidying /rationalising the contents of the small barn and sweeping it out. I'll need to dust around the living room too, it looks disgraceful in sunlight.

Hugs all round. Happy Friday to all.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Glad things are ok with Mr TA and good news re your bloods.
    Good to see you had some 'me' time nmlc.
    Get well soon JackieO, sounds rotten.

Off to work in a minute - dressed as an elf - it's Christmas jumper day at school but my colleague and I decided an elf costume was in order, complete with hat and green and red stripey tights! I have to stop at a shop somewhere along the way to buy some grapes, hope it's not too busy.

Kitchen coming along nicely, electrician and plumber coming today for final things, builder collecting splashback this morning. They will be here tomorrow and some of Sunday too. Whilst they are finishing off I intend to unpack and reclaim the rest of the house!

Hope you all have a good Friday, take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    christmas_music_zps0a5641a5.jpg[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]God rest ye merry, gentlemen
    Let nothing you dismay
    Remember, Christ, our Saviour
    Was born on Christmas day
    To save us all from Satan's power
    When we were gone astray
    O tidings of comfort and joy
    Comfort and joy
    O tidings of comfort and joy
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] :xmassmile[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :santa2:
    In my calendar – an elf :rudolf:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope you feel better soon JackieO xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm glad your results are good TravellingAbuela How frustrating that you're in for another wait for Mr TA's results :([/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm popping to Morrison's today, we have family round on Christmas Eve and I can't expect my dad to go without his favourite lager :D I'll get some poinsettias too, I love a few dotted around the room, they look so festive and pretty. Mr tru wants to go to Aldi, I'm hoping he'll drop me back home and go by himself, one shop a day is more than enough for me :D I also want to visit Scampi's rescue centre, I have a big box of treats and biscuits for the dogs. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have some work to do, it shouldn't take longer than an hour. I want to be sat down by 3pm, watching a Christmas film :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone, thanks for the thread nmlc x

Off to work shortly. The children have non-uniform/Christmas jumper days today - Camelot are the grapes part of the costume?!

Dinner last night was SW Mexican chicken but we had it with tortilla wraps and microwave pouch Mexican rice (not very OS but quick and tasty). Tonight we will have sausages and mash. I have an appointment to donate blood at 7.15pm so need something substantial first.

We are at a wedding blessing tomorrow late afternoon/evening. Does It sound really awful to say I could do without going? Just don't feel like partying.

Anyway, hugs to all the poorlies - especially Jackie and MrTA, and of course laineys mum xxx

Have a good day all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Morning all x
    Didn't get chance to post yesterday as mega busy. Got the cards sorted and posted and half presents wrapped. Trying to keep this normal here for all our sanity. DH is plodding on. Very low as you can imagine but trying to cope.
    Got a date now for the cremation 28th dec. Glad in a way as at least it will be done before the new year starts.
    Anyhoo today's agenda is make boiled fruit cake for Xmas. Make my best mates DGD birthday cake. Get tree out of garage ready to put up with DGD and try to stay sane.
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for the thread nmlc, it's a very good idea to factor in some "you" time just for sanity's sake!
    Good news on your results TA, fingers crossed for MR TA and hope the stent improves things soon.
    We had a fab lunch out with youngest DSS for his birthday yesterday, it was the best pub food have had for a long time and we will definitely go back again.
    Will be with Mum all day today, she is doing ok and we make the most of every day which is all we can do x
    Get well wishes to all poorlies and gentle thoughts for those going through a tough time, it's especially hard this time of year x
    Have a good day everyone.
  • Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

A quiet day yesterday, thank you to all those of you who sent messages, it was a difficult day, but we survived.

My ex went to theatre yesterday, they have managed to restore the blood supply to his foot, so they are not going to do anything about his toe for now. They have said he will be in hospital for 5 days, what is going to happen when he gets out is anybodies guess. I have asked my elder daughter to put the hospital straight, he is not coping and needs help at home with meals if nothing else.

My new phone is due this morning, OH will have to sign for it I will be at the hairdressers getting my hair cut.

I was reading the paper work with my new meds yesterday, not surprised I am tireder than normal, its one of the side effects.......I actually fell asleep watching TV last night. May have to resort to a sleep each afternoon until my body gets used to them.

I should do the Friday clean, but it can wait until tomorrow.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    TA, I'm afraid DH found his stent irritated his bladder constantly so he had to go more often and more urgently. It was worse when he was moving around. Thankfully he's completely back to normal since it was removed on Monday so I hope they get to the bottom of Mr TA's problem quickly so he can have the stent removed.

I had a terrible night, caused by feeling so ill yesterday that I had a 2 hour nap. I was hoping I would still be able to sleep at bedtime but it wasn't to be.

I don't think we've ever before had all the presents wrapped over a week before Christmas. I've got the frangipane mince pies to make and the icing to put on the cake and some food shopping and that's it. I'm not buying a lot of extra food because it will be wasted.

I have to go and buy some paint for DD's house. The errant plumber turned up yesterday so hopefully the radiators have been installed. We'll go down tomorrow and see them for the last time before they head off to India on Tuesday, I think they'll both need the break.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure