one day at a time

Options

Comments

• safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Feel quite choked today :A, DS has offered to pledge £1,000 from his own savings into my mortgage fund.....I was and still am quite taken aback......he knows how the pressures at home can some times get and how hard I have saved over the years and has told me he wants to help, I haven't accepted his offer as a gift because I would feel bad and rather he kept it himself, he needs every penny when he finishes his degree, I know this wont be for another 3 years but good jobs are hard to come by......Instead we have come to an arrangement were-as I have told him if I need the cash at the end of the 3 years to help finish our mortgage and he is still in a good financial position, I will accept the money, but only as a loan.So I am unbelievably proud of my DS today,:A what a very very lucky Mammy I am .:A
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Ah bless him! Lovely boy, a credit to you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How lovely your son sounds :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    I am coming out of lurkdom to say hi and to ask if you have checked your position if you ever split with OH as maybe he could claim half the house if in joint names despite you paying for most of it. Not too sure that he couldn't claim half the savings as well so be very careful. Good luck.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • safehouse
    edited 27 April 2016 at 7:47AM
    Options
    Thank you lucky and Bobarella and Thank you I feel blessed, he is lovely, :D.
    Hi Ches... Thanks and please feel free to come out of lurkdom ....I can see your point but in all honesty, if in the future if we did split and the house was paid for...it would only be fair that the proceeds or savings I have be split 50/50. This whole situation has never been about the money but the future security of my family and keeping our home.....although his problem is probably going to be the break down of our relationship, he has also worked hard over the years so I really couldn't live with myself by walking away with everything...I might be barmy but I still have hope :) Xx
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    BEAT_THE_DEBT Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    What a lovely son.
  • safehouse
    edited 27 April 2016 at 9:10PM
    Options
    Thank you BTD.....so very true :D

All my wages into mortgage today.........so massive jump in savings for now....
    Electrician no 2 finally gave us a visit and his advice was to lift the floors "my lovely new laminate " as he thinks we have some damp electrics causing the problems in the kitchen...............:(:( cost unknown until he starts the work , with added worry of total mess.... so haven't hired him as yet and managing with extensions without complaint lol ..............might try electrician no 3

DS 0 PAID…. CC 3,920 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£65,690 saved £34,310 remaining…
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Fair comment Safehouse. I only took 50%, 2 dogs and 2 kids (with no maintenance as I was working full time and earned the same money as he did) so I do know where you are coming from.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • safehouse
    Options
    Thanks Ches.....have my doubts at times believe me :o
  • safehouse
    Options
    £10 paid off CC decided should really try bit harder in the future to get this debt down instead of pretending it doesn't exist........:o

DS 0 PAID…. CC 3,910 …. Mortgage £100,000 /£65,690 saved £34,310 remaining…
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure