Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Butti wrote: »
    Well one of my New Years resolutions has been binned.
    Sign language had become a chore I wasn't enjoying, was taking up too much time and had all the signs of costing more money on repeated resits.
    Why? I asked myself and I had no answer!
    When I ring up and speak to them tomorrow I'll also get some money back.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that's a good idea.

You'll just have to find another hobby. Perhaps an enjoyable one.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good decision I think Butti.
    Mind you you dident practise too much in the Burgh as we were busy :beer:.:cool:

Busy admiring Chris Hoy's golden post box and visiting the Christmas markets -aye I remember that!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    ZTD wrote: »

Chatting up men....is that a hobby....speaking of which...
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    ZTD wrote: »

Have had a not bad couple days. Nice evening out with pies, beer and men yesterday. I remembered my money (good start!!!) and realised that some blokes who appear relaxed and jovial at beer festival are maybe relaxed and not quite so attractive when I'm sober.

Some people are not so happy about me leaving sign language...I feel a bit guilty.

Went to a training place for a hair cut today :eek:
    Well...it would have been like that if she'd left me enough hair!!! She kept levelling it off...at one point I thought I was getting a bowl cut!!! Still £3.50 is pretty good.
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD

Could be...
    Have had a not bad couple days. Nice evening out with pies, beer and men yesterday.

If it had been pies, beer and women - I probably would have considered it a good evening out too... :rotfl:
    I remembered my money (good start!!!) and realised that some blokes who appear relaxed and jovial at beer festival are maybe relaxed and not quite so attractive when I'm sober.

Perhaps unattractive just means you're not drinking enough at a beer festival. What makes them attractive/unattractive?
    Some people are not so happy about me leaving sign language...I feel a bit guilty.

People like who? It has to be right for you. If it's not right for other people, then unfortunately - that's life.
    Went to a training place for a hair cut today :eek:
    Well...it would have been like that if she'd left me enough hair!!! She kept levelling it off...at one point I thought I was getting a bowl cut!!! Still £3.50 is pretty good.

It is good. Even cheaper than I get.

Don't worry - short haircuts last a long time. I'm still on the one I had in Edinburgh - though not as bald looking... :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Butti~Do not listen to Z.
    If you drink even more at the beer festival there is not telling who you might end up with :eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Butti~Do not listen to Z.

And that was said as though there was the actual possibility of that happening...
    If you drink even more at the beer festival there is not telling who you might end up with :eek: :rotfl:

This is a Public Service Announcement. Charley also says...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    ...It's that moment when you wake up and think 'This isn't my duvet!' (and realise you aren't dreaming)

....or 'wake up' on a hospital trolley, go over and pull the curtains back to be faced with a scene out of Armageddon, pull them shut, pray you are dreaming and realise you are not

Incidents like these influence your drinking at beer festivals!
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    ...It's that moment when you wake up and think 'This isn't my duvet!' (and realise you aren't dreaming)

Of course men wake up and think "Who is the woman/troll/donkey/gingerbread man I've woken up next to?"

Women just take notice of the soft furnishings...
    ....or 'wake up' on a hospital trolley, go over and pull the curtains back to be faced with a scene out of Armageddon,

With Liv Tyler, Bruce Willis and Bad Acting? Cool... :cool:
    pull them shut, pray you are dreaming and realise you are not

Incidents like these influence your drinking at beer festivals!

They should also inform you to not be drinking those ales with mushrooms in them... :rotfl:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    OMG 8 minutes to tell you what is happening in my life (aka. what a terrible week I am having) (apologies to those who hate text speak!)

Clearly hasn't finished yet either :eek:....as today I checked my purse to make sure I had my discount card for the beer festival and then realised when I got into town that I hadn't put my purse back into my jacket. So...... today I didn't do Park Run but I have done a swift walk into town from home, a swift walk back and a cycle ride into town. Can I now go and do some of this:beer::beer::beer:.....please......if I avoid the mushroom ones!!!

Balance on the HSBC card now stands at £249. It will go down to £180 in a couple of days when the sign language money has been refunded and then will be cleared on Friday.......then on to Mr Branson :D and his £2.5k :D

A girl called Jack's book bought yesterday for £7 (and I'm told its £6.50 in Mr S) - it looks good. I shall start on it tomorrow.
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure