Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Leslieknope - Keep at it and well done to your Mom for getting a brilliant result like that!

I am off to the Toby carvery tonight (I won't be having a dessert though).
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Bit late posting my plan for today. Got a day off today, so been busy doing other things

Breakfast - leftover chicken and salad from the fridge
    Lunch - Egg and tomato
    Dinner - Fish stir fry
    Snacks - fruit and cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Weigh in shortly.
    Another not great week so expecting a big gain,.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry I've not been around for a couple of days - have just caught up with what's been happening...

Pixtotts - thanks for the vegetable encouragement! That pudding you had in London sounds amazing!!! :D

Lantanna - sorry to hear that your week seems to be being rubbish and stressful - well done for keeping going and not going off plan! :T

Welcome bubbs! :hello:

Great loss, MissTeach! :j

Weighed in this morning and it was -½lb. Not overly delighted, because I was mostly good this week - but I guess that's what I get for not food optimising 100%, so am raring to go and hoping for better next week. Its still in the right direction, I guess...

Today's menu is as follows:

B: Crunchy bran (HExA) and milk (HExB)
    L: Pasta n sauce with extra roasted vegetables added for speed (onions, peppers, tomatoes, courgettes & mushrooms)
    D: Green salad (lettuce, Chinese leaf & cucumber) with smoked salmon and a poached egg. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.

Am now about to sit down and plan, plan, plan... Popped into Iceland after weigh in and picked up some pork sausages, some pork & leek sausages and some burgers. Have only tried the pork sausages before, but liked those, so hope the others will be as good (have heard positive reports at group!). Also got the free Sunshine fruits bag so will try and build that in somewhere. Also stocked up on cauliflowers at Aldi before they went off the super 6, so have multiple portions of cauliflower and horseradish soup in my freezer :rotfl: - yum yum!!

P x
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick question, please...

In Iceland today, the lady on the till gave me a Bonus card application form (& temporary card). Just having a read through the paperwork to see whether its worth registering, and I can't honestly see what the "bonus" is?! I presumed it would be like Boots/Tesco/Nectar where you get points for every £ you spend and they add up to be spent in store, but it looks like its a card I have to load money onto and they'll put £1 on for every £20 I add.

I don't shop enough in Iceland to make it worth getting free delivery for £20+ shops, so the only possible bonus is that it asks if I'm interested in Slimming World products (which is really the only thing I go into Iceland for, usually). Does anybody know what the extra SW offers are, and whether its worth signing up for?

I don't want to sign up for loads of pointless e-mails if its not worth it!! :p

P x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Thanks all for the welcome, think im getting my head round it now but i keep seeing hifi bars mentioned , what are they please?
    Well done everyone on your losses:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    : I hadn't seen the melon, grape, strawberry pack Denise so thanks for mentioning it. I tried the breakfast topper one, and like you, wasn't keen. Will definitely try the other one though.

Unfortunately Tesco didn't have any today and speaking to one of the staff it's looking as though it may have been stopped:(; not happy about that. The only fruit they had were individual ones which in order to get a mix you'd end up having to buy several. The only Speed ones were blackberries, strawberries & blackcurrants. The others: pineapple & mango are only Free and I can't stand mango!

Disappointed this morning at WI as it was only a STS when I'd had a really good week and didn't even drink as much as usual:mad:.

Going to do Red and Green days this week and see if that helps.

Red day today:

B - banana after WI
    L - LO asparagus soup; needed to add some instant mash (50g 1.5 syns); 1 slice of WM bread (0.5 HEB1)
    D - stuffed chicken breast; 200 new potatoes (HEB2) but I didn't eat them all. Roasted mediterrean veg (4 syns for 1/2 pack); cabbage. Chicken breast was stuffed with Low fat 25g cheese spread with garlic & herb -2 syns and wrapped in parma ham (1.5 syns)
    S - 2 Ryvita; quark; ham; cucumber

HEA 1 & 2 - milk
    HEB1 - 1 slice of bread; 2 Ryvita
    Syns - instant mash 1.5; mediterrean veg 4 syns; soft cheese 2 syns; parma ham 1.5 syns. 9 syns so far but may also have som dark chocolate but will wait to see if I want it later as only just finished dinner!

Denise
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »

D - stuffed chicken breast; 200 new potatoes (HEB2) but I didn't eat them all

I'm not surprised!! :rotfl:
    (sorry: I'm sure you mean grams but the typo really tickled me as I imagined the mountain of new potatoes!)
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    Ughhh I'm doing so badly this week. I have been eating a LOT of chocolate and seem to be really hungry and unable to fill myself up. Have a feeling my Monday WI will not be good!

BUBBS - hifi bars are SW bars that you can buy in group. They are blooming delicious but expensive. They constitute a Healthy Extra B but can't remember if this is for one or two Hifi bars. I don't go to group anymore but used to love the mint and the orange ones. Omg what I would give for a couple of those right now...
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    MissTeach wrote: »
    I'm not surprised!! :rotfl:
    (sorry: I'm sure you mean grams but the typo really tickled me as I imagined the mountain of new potatoes!)

Oops! didn't notice that. Yes it was 200g and it was masses. Think I'll probably just have 100g next time and call it 0.5 HEB!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport