The cheapest Pay As You Go mobile tariff

Comments

• gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for that JustMe, I contacted Orange asking for my PAC number, and hey presto got a great deal:beer: Thanks a lot:j
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Thanks very much for the info. Apologies for the delay in replying

Parole
  • Sorry about using your thread Parole but I don't know how to start a new one!. I have purchased an Asda 'Pay as you Go' Sim which shows calls at 8p per minute after the first 3 minutes at 16p per minute. and text at 5p after first 3 text at 10p. I understood from Martin that all calls were 8p per minute and all text 5p?. Have I got the wrong sim pack?. Ged
  • HP_Guy
    HP_Guy Posts: 130 Forumite
    Just for interest. I have a Tesco SIM and it works in my NOT unlocked O2 phone (Tesco uses O2 network) - Just wonder if ASDA is the same with Vodaphone... obviously doesn't matter to the OP as has already been stated their phone is unlocked - might be of interest to someone though.

:)
  • ged wrote: »
    Sorry about using your thread Parole but I don't know how to start a new one!. I have purchased an Asda 'Pay as you Go' Sim which shows calls at 8p per minute after the first 3 minutes at 16p per minute. and text at 5p after first 3 text at 10p. I understood from Martin that all calls were 8p per minute and all text 5p?. Have I got the wrong sim pack?. Ged

These were the only sims available to me yesterday and when I used them and reg the phone I was told that all ASDA customers are on the new tarrif.

Cheers

cg
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,420
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ged wrote: »
    Sorry about using your thread Parole but I don't know how to start a new one!.

To start a new thread click on; - "New Thread" on the left hand side above all of the other threads, it will open a similar window to the one you opened to post this post, and don't forget to put a title in the title box, although it will remind you if you try to post without doing so.

HTH
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• gatita wrote: »
    Thanks for that JustMe, I contacted Orange asking for my PAC number, and hey presto got a great deal:beer: Thanks a lot:j

Thats great :rotfl:, My Orange contract is up in a couple of weeks and want a same sort of deal, especially as I start at Uni soon. But I have the Orange broadband at £5 per month with a N95 on Racoon, also need pay to keep the BT line open for it to piggyback on.... Has anyone any ideas ? Might also be tricky switching Broadband provider as I will fail the credit check....

Thanks guys :A
  • Can I just clarify the cost of calls for the Asda SIM card as discussed above. I bought one last week and reading the back of the box it states . . .

For the first 3 minutes, 16p per min then 8p for rest of day.

Texts 8p per text for first 3 texts then rest of day 4p.

I bought this for my daughter who is paying far more with and it is an emergency phone so if the above is true for the first 3 mins / texts she will not benefit from the 8p calls and 4p texts.

This has already been replied to above but can I ask someone to clarify the situation? Is it 16p per call for first 3 mins or are the details on the back of the SIM box wrong. I can find no mention of the full price calls / texts on the Asda website.

Thanks
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    You've got a sim pack with the old prices printed on it.
    There is only one Asda Mobile tariff now 8p and 4p.
    The old tariff was discontinued, and all customers migrated across.

The prices are on the Asda Mobile website
    jones721 wrote: »
    Can I just clarify the cost of calls for the Asda SIM card as discussed above. I bought one last week and reading the back of the box it states . . .

For the first 3 minutes, 16p per min then 8p for rest of day.

Texts 8p per text for first 3 texts then rest of day 4p.

I bought this for my daughter who is paying far more with and it is an emergency phone so if the above is true for the first 3 mins / texts she will not benefit from the 8p calls and 4p texts.

This has already been replied to above but can I ask someone to clarify the situation? Is it 16p per call for first 3 mins or are the details on the back of the SIM box wrong. I can find no mention of the full price calls / texts on the Asda website.

Thanks
  • Heng_Leng wrote: »
    You've got a sim pack with the old prices printed on it.
    There is only one Asda Mobile tariff now 8p and 4p.
    The old tariff was discontinued, and all customers migrated across.

The prices are on the Asda Mobile website

Thanks for thei nformation.

I did send e-mails to two different Asda departments and got confirmations back from them saying I would get an answer within 48 hours, but noone has returned my e-mails, so thanks for clarifying that for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure