NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Comments

• cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    The excercise still doesn't seem to be happening. I just can't get organised and since it was torrential and blowing a gale I didn't fight the guilt too hard.
    But on the up side, the Mr T delivery came this afternoon so no more buying extras when I only mean to buy milk.
    Also meal plan done and list of what's in the freezer so that I am a little more organised and before the delivery arrived I rotated the freezer and food cupboard and cooked off the rest of the old potatoes for lunch, dinner and hopefully some left for tomorrow.
    Also now we are nearly unpacked I have started applying for jobs. I applied for one today so fingers crossed.
    Well, time to get on
    TTFN
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for being able to walk more, for finishing big sis' cardi and getting it sent to her for her bday tomorrow, for doing business with the bank, for dd enjoying her tennis, for a pregnant friend who had her baby at 32 weeks but they are both doing well, for stepdd healing up well, for completing 5 more bunnies, for being able to wear shoes other than my trekking sandals, for being paid for my marking, for a dry day with plenty of sunshine, for my raspberries fruiting well already.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 7 June 2017 at 7:49PM
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Impressed with myself today, bf texted me saying he didn't want to go for a run after work.
    I took Duncan out, then got my gear on and went for a solo run, in the pouring rain no less!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Not sure I'm going to hit my 10,000 steps today though, currently on 8850 and tucked up in bed. I guess I'll have to do a few cuppa runs.

Had some housey news today too. I think we have all the responses back we need, just awaiting the confirmation email. Really hope we'll soon be moving to exchange & complete.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]NSD's 3/20 No. [STRIKE]4 achieved today.[/STRIKE] Just remembered it's my month for food shopping. Bf has spent £13.49 but has kept to the essentials.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3 exercise sessions a week 2/3 - Two Runs :)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extra fitness session 10,000 daily goal. Will be just under today. :([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Reject consumerism [STRIKE]Nothing bought.[/STRIKE] Food shop. Just fruit, yogurt & some veg bought.
    [/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 June 2017 at 9:44PM
    Had a bad night last night again with my back. So managed to get an appointment today with my usual complimentary therapist. £28 cost for hr feel so much unknotted after, even massaged my stomach New to me but she reckons help. I can claim half cost back off medicash. Kicking myself left it so long to go. May start going on a regular basis if I can.

So my expensive week continues.

Hopefully a SFd tomorrow.

Pleased done 7.5k steps considering pain I was in this am

Apologies for short post off to bed as only had few hrs sleep last night.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another NSD today :) no need to buy anything tomorrow so should get three in a row - rare for me!

I nearly caved and got a takeaway tonight, my long shift so I usually tell myself I need/deserve a treat and energy boost. I knew hubby had made the soup for tonight though so stayed strong and got home and found he'd had a kebab. Nearly went to the chippy but thought "nope, I'm home now, soup it is" :A

No exercise but been on my feet all day at work and really feeling it.

Did a few surveys on my break and up to £11 on yougov and soooo close to a £20 voucher on ipsos. Will come in handy for father's day.

Sabotage - with us it's mainly food, either meals out or takeaways because we've had a bad day/feel too tired to cook/ haven't planned or got stuff out the freezer in time. Then once we've caved once I sometimes go into "oh well, we've already failed, what's another coffee, etc" mode. We're both so much better than we used to be but we still have lapses.

Today I'm grateful for:-
    my long shift being over for this week
    yummy minestrone soup for tea
    Hip not being too bothersome today
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Still on 3 SFDs as paid for my SW membership today. Not much else to report except that my first marking payment has been confirmed and should be paid tomorrow :)

The rain is back again today which is great for the garden but not great for dog walking lol
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Reporting in a NSD for yesterday.

Sabotage - I am the same as a few others. My downfall is doing a monthly shop and then having to pop out for one thing and coming home with loads and the next day realising I need other things still.

I try to get round it by making sure my monthly shop is as thorough as it can be so the need to buy extras is not there.

My other downfall is at 4pm when I fancy chocolate or crisps - I work in the centre of town so plenty of shops nearby. What I did yesterday was take my normal lunch but I also made a mini salad which I ate at 3pm - that stopped the need for chocolate at 4pm!!

I also have a mental list of items we need to order off the internet so when I need to spend in local shops I then come home and do my internet order. At the moment on my mental list is dog food - we are ok for another week but I know in the next few days I will be spending money so I will buy the dog food then.
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning all :);)

Great posts and NSDs as always :T

Today will be NSD No.7 here..........

Wishing you all an extra blessed day! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 June 2017 at 1:46PM

My other downfall is at 4pm when I fancy chocolate or crisps - I work in the centre of town so plenty of shops nearby. What I did yesterday was take my normal lunch but I also made a mini salad which I ate at 3pm - that stopped the need for chocolate at 4pm!!

I usually don't take my wallet to work now unless I have to pay a bill online or know we have the Friday shop to do as I have a weak spot for afternoon chic or crisps too.

Finally another SFD yesterday and today will be one too. Went on the bike in the gym and on my second fast day of my 4:3 plan. Much more focused and determined today. Having a yummy dinner to look forward to definitely helps.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi everybody,

I am counting today as a NSD. I am working from home so no money spent commuting. I have had the shopping delivered but have a food account so I don't generally count that in my NSD tally unless I buy unnecessary things, which I didn't. I did have to pop into town and pick up a prescription, but as the thread has said we can exclude medical expenses I am claiming my NSD! lol

Walked a friend's dogs for an hour this morning as well so on track for a healthy day, and will walk to my polling station later.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport