End of the road

Comments

• artnoble wrote: »
    It is... And your from brummie land to :)

Are you then? South, East, West or North?
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • artnoble
    artnoble Posts: 879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fatbelly wrote: »
    How many years?

The eldest looks like 2007
    Watch this space.... Will update soon!
  • artnoble
    Are you then? South, East, West or North?

Depends where you are I guess.

I'm from e Black Country I guess.
  • artnoble
    I've been shopping over the weekend and bought enough bread ham and crisps for lunches next week. I've got cereal so I can eat before work so I don't need to go to the cafe for breakfast.

Pay day is Friday and I'm pretty much skint so of course it's going to be a non spend week. Hopefully it'll set me in good stead though and can carry it on until next week. Also I'm going to stop taking my wallet to work so I'm not tempted with the Golden Arches or mr chicken.

Once I've worked out what I owe I'll post my SOA. I kinda guess as all my debts have defaulted he dca's would be quite willing to work with me. I'm going to plan and do a self run dmp. Would anyone advice me doing this?

(Also I think I'm I'm going to use this thread as my diary, if there's any mods reading could this be moved to the correct section).
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    artnoble wrote: »
    Thanks. Just hope I have some will power

What about a debt buddy? Someone you can text when you feel the urge to spend? Or write an email to so you don't spend! Worked for me
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • You sunshine - need to look out for my next thread ...December Debt Destruction... I'll quite happily crack the NSK whip and there will be a great amount of encouragement along the way...

Do not make this journey a New Years Resolution - kickstart it now.. Crisps and Hamy Sarnies in tow..

Onwards and Upwards ..
    x
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • artnoble
    You sunshine - need to look out for my next thread ...December Debt Destruction... I'll quite happily crack the NSK whip and there will be a great amount of encouragement along the way...

Do not make this journey a New Years Resolution - kickstart it now.. Crisps and Hamy Sarnies in tow..

Onwards and Upwards ..
    x

Sounds like a plan. First non spend day in years. Didn't even notice it really. The only thing I did plan is the time I ate my dinner. Usually it's anytime anywhere (I'm a van driver). But today I had my cerial before I left and then my lunch box at half 12. Hopefully I can get into a routine. (Even used last weeks ice cream tub as my lunch box).
  • artnoble
    What about a debt buddy? Someone you can text when you feel the urge to spend? Or write an email to so you don't spend! Worked for me

That's a good idea. I'll put out a small ad to say I'm looking for a debt buddy. I think that would really help. Hard work now it to find someone haha.
  • artnoble
    Bit of a strange day. Not quite a non spend day. I spent 0.39p on a bag of snaps while filling up. Usually would have spent £20+ so far this week so that's progress.

I've just returned from the doctors for a new prescription. It was a new doctor and he took by blood pressure. He said it was high so took my height and weight. I'm a tall lad (6'6) and weighed in at 21 stone. So I've had a thick ear for this and have been ordered to lose weight.

Need to have a look round the forum for money saving healthy food.
  • Hi

Lots of good advice already so I wont repeat what others have said. The thing is you are going to have to make some pretty big lifestyle changes which (a) wont be easy and (b) will take some time to adjust to. The good news is that you can do it. I know you can because I was in a total mess and managed to change my ways, and although I fell off the wagon a couple of times I am still here plugging away at the debts.

Simple fact is you need to take control of your money then you will feel loads better about it.

My best tip? Start writing down how much you spend in cash and start properly recording your income and outgoings. Seeing it in black and white makes it real. Get a little notebook to keep in that van for when you are parked up somewhere and have five minutes then write down everything you have spent that day.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport