Coop Bank New switch offer: £150

Comments

• Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 September 2016 at 11:05PM
    Can anyone confirm that the four active DDs need to have paid out at least once before switching, to get the bonus after switching? I currently have 4 DDs set up on the account I want to switch to Co-Op, but the DDs haven't paid out yet. They are due to pay out over the course of the next 2 weeks. Should I wait until they have all paid out before I try to switch?
    I had only 2 DDs setup in the old account. Setup two more (but not paid) before applying for switch to Co-op.
    Had no issues in getting the bonus.
  • I have a coop sole account for which I received an incentive. Will our switch to a joint account with coop allow us to get £150? Has anyone got an incentive when they switched to a joint COOP current account?

I have had a look at t&c but it doesn't stipulate if one person from the joint account has received incentive then you won't be eligible. This is all I found.

From SECTION B
    "If the current account that you switch to is in joint names we will only credit the current account with £150, not £150 for each person named
    on the account"
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My partner applied on 1 September and received an email advising his application still being processed. Do they normally advise you via email or do you have to wait for the post for the outcome. Thank you.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    It has been a long time but seem to recall it was by post.
  • MABLE
    ceredigion wrote: »
    It has been a long time but seem to recall it was by post.

So if it a decline does he assume they advise by post and if its accepted they email you?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    MABLE wrote: »
    So if it a decline does he assume they advise by post and if its accepted they email you?

Decline, no idea never been declined.
    As said a long time ago but the confirmation was by post
  • MABLE
    UPDATE

Spoke to them today and they confirm approved in principle subject to final check. Also regarding the four direct debits. During the first 30 days of switching at least 4 direct debits needs to be claimed to meet the criteria. After that they just have to remain active.

Fingers crossed and hope to bag £200 with the cash back.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a coop sole account for which I received an incentive. Will our switch to a joint account with coop allow us to get £150? Has anyone got an incentive when they switched to a joint COOP current account?

I have had a look at t&c but it doesn't stipulate if one person from the joint account has received incentive then you won't be eligible. This is all I found.

From SECTION B
    "If the current account that you switch to is in joint names we will only credit the current account with £150, not £150 for each person named
    on the account"

Iw would assume you don't qualify as you have already had an incentive payment even if the other joint account holder hasn't, this is stated on the front page of their website.

Excludes existing customers paying in £800+ per month from 03/02/16 to 03/05/16 and any recipients of previous switching incentives. Offer can be withdrawn at anytime. Terms apply.

they could switch a sole account and get £150 and you could make it joint after? That would mean the second named holder gets the £150.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • I applied for a new account in the early hours of yesterday morning. I got an email back at around 8am yesterday to say my application has been approved and I would be receiving the paperwork in the next few days. However, today I received an unexpected voicemail on my mobile from someone at my local Co-Op branch asking me to call them back. I haven't called yet but I will tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about it. I suspect they are going to ask me to visit the branch to proceed with the application. Has anyone here had to do that to open an account?
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I applied for a new account in the early hours of yesterday morning. I got an email back at around 8am yesterday to say my application has been approved and I would be receiving the paperwork in the next few days. However, today I received an unexpected voicemail on my mobile from someone at my local Co-Op branch asking me to call them back. I haven't called yet but I will tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about it. I suspect they are going to ask me to visit the branch to proceed with the application. Has anyone here had to do that to open an account?

When I opened my account I got a call from my local branch. In fact I got a call from two different branches! I just confirmed some details and didn't need to go in.
    My wife applied last week and has already received her debit card. She didn't receive a call.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure