Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, we had a great day. Took a picnic (again) to avoid the fish & chips in order to save ££ and lbs! Spent a couple of hours on the beach then walked along to the park, which has a water play area with sprinklers etc. Good job I thought ahead and took plenty of spare clothes for the boys! Couldn't believe the contrast in weather when I saw the news of flooding etc in the South last night.

DH seemed less angry yesterday too, so hoping the new med increase might be levelling out. I'm sure he was dehydrated over the last few days too.

Rain has reached us today so whatever we do it will be something indoors. Haven't decided what yet!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Horrible day here yet again. It was gorgeous yesterday but I was working :(
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    edited 14 August 2015 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Glad to hear you were able to get out and make the most of the sunshine yesterday Lucky, sounds like a great family day was had by all. :)
    DS1 is really pushing my buttons just now! Robin, what herbal stuff can transform him back into my lovely little boy from the snarling/angry/tearful/hormonal sloth he has become????

Herbal? Hmm, no I think you'd need a time machine to turn DS1 back into a lovely little boy - sorry! :rotfl:
    But given that hormones are probably starting to affect him and there's a fair chance DS1 is about to have a growth spurt too, if he were my son I'd start by making sure he's getting enough vitamins:
    Yesterday will have helped with D - in which most UK children are deficient - but also B6, C, niacin, thiamine, and iron, magnesium, doubtless there are others I can't remember at the moment all are implicated in irritability and mood swings.
    Hunger is another obvious trigger - what does DS1 eat for breakfast? Loading him up with an oat-based cereal plus fruit is a good way to start the day for a growing lad, ensuring healthy blood-sugar levels are replenished in the morning - and a great habit to instil in children (so they keep it up once responsible for themselves - brains do work better when well-fed, lol).

Aargh curses, hit the wrong button.. The other thing I'd look at is what you're wondering about DH - dehydration. There's quite a useful guide to children's requirements on this site:
    http://www.naturalhydrationcouncil.org.uk/hydration-facts/faqs-on-hydration/
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Robin, a wealth of information as usual :D :A. Both boys take vitamin supplements every day. DS1 usually has weetabix for breakfast but whilst he is quite good with fruit intake the rest of the day he never has it at breakfast time, so we could change that. His favourite drink is water, but I'll monitor how much he has as sometimes he's so lazy he'd rather sit there thirsty than move to get himself a drink :eek:.

We decided to stay in and have a lazy day. Just about to watch a film together Xx
    Options
    PLMBL I got a glimpse of my lovely boy yesterday and it was so nice. Back to being a crabby sloth again today though :(
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My son was a lovely boy until he hit 15 and discovered girls. They were his downfall. As for my daughter the hormones kicked in at 12 and are still raging at 28 :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Oh gawd MiT and SA, sounds like I have a long road ahead then!! DS1 is only nearly 11 :eek:.

Thought DH was having quite a good day yesterday, but by tea time I was playing the great treasure hunt game that he does when he's confused - i.e, everything in the wrong cupboards/rooms etc. :(.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning Lucky,

I must say that my Ds is nearly 11 and Dd nearly 9 and they are both stroppy and awkward 90% of the time.

Ds is ok as long as everything is going his way and Dd tries her best to push my buttons on purpose just to get a reaction.

I really hate the school run and all of the schools demands but I must admit that there is no way I could EVER home school. I would have totally lost my marbles.

Two weeks left of the summer holidays, I desperately don't want to go back to the school routine but they are slightly driving me mental lately.

Hope you found everything that hubby had put away yesterday, you must have the patience of a saint xxx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Don't know about patience of a Saint Steph!! Some things I found by accident when I wasn't looking for them (like the meringues in the plate cupboard!!), other things I had to hunt for!!

Few bits of money things to report (because that's what this diary is SUPPOSED to be about :o);

Won £3.40 on eurosquillions. Not the jackpot I was hoping for but profit nonetheless.

DH found £3.04 at the park. Sometimes clearing up other people's mess is profitable!! He was most upset that someone had dumped a carrier bag near the zip wire until he discovered it had money in it when he picked it up to bin it!!

Doubled up Mr T vouchers and ordered DS1 a new mattress for free :j. Only had to pay £7.95 for delivery!!

Work last night was ok. DH has been out with Best Mate for the day :T.
    Options
    wahey to the mattress
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories