Halifax, Lloyds Bank, BOS online banking, now really slow

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Yes. They slowed down noticeably - I'd estimate by a factor of 3 or so - it's really obvious when the speed comes back up. The people not noticing may not be on the sites as regularly as those pointing it out.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I can't say I noticed any difference to before the split - LLoyds, Halifax and BOS online banking have always been very sluggish for me. The screen going completely blank when you want to move ahead with a transaction has always been "a feature" for me in their online banking. Watching the page load progress bar can re-assure you that something is indeed still happening, and the next page does appear eventually.

Pretty yuk-ish approach to a website, in terms of performance and user experience, but I have always been able to do online what I wanted to do. And let's face it, doing things online slowly is almost always massively faster than doing them on the phone, and definitely faster than doing them in Branch.
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    innovate wrote: »
    LLoyds, Halifax and BOS online banking have always been very sluggish for me. The screen going completely blank when you want to move ahead with a transaction has always been "a feature

Yes i used to get a blank screen using firefox, but when i blocked scripts with the noscript add on, no more blank screen.
    :T
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I am mainly using IE since I use Accountunity to log into my accounts, and they only work with IE.

There's no excuse, really, for Lloyds Group to provide sub-standard support for any of the mainstream browsers these days. Except perhaps that their competition doesn't challenge them enough.....
  • Nath4n
    Nath4n Posts: 2,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to add, I noticed this immediately after the Lloyds/TSB split. I looked out for a thread on the subject and meant to make one myself but never did.

Online banking for both is definitely now sluggish here, both on my PC, my work PC, and my phone so it can't be an issue my end. It's worse at certain times, had to wait a full 30 seconds for the 'confirm' button to load on Halifax log-in at the weekend, but other times 'just' takes 5-10 seconds or so. Used to be instant.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    TSB's site was noticeably quicker than Lloyds/HFX up until today (using its own servers?) This morning it is grinding just like the others.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Milarky wrote: »
    TSB's site was noticeably quicker than Lloyds/HFX up until today (using its own servers?) This morning it is grinding just like the others.

I notified them of the speed issue with loading pages now, but they claim "they are not aware of any speed issues". I told them that if they weren't aware of it, then they are now and asked if they could look into the matter. I shouldn't think there's much chance of them taking any notice of my request, unless others raise the issue with them too.
  • bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yea its slower for me, been like it a while. Its nothing on my PC or my ISP as everything else is quick. Even the Halifax website is fast, just the online bit that isnt
  • Not much really changed during the split and it certainly hasn't caused anything to go slower.

In the most part, all the services were just copied onto different servers. Those servers are setup exactly the same as the Lloyds servers are - just as if they were new Lloyds servers. Same infrastructure etc. They are all looked after by the same IT teams/people - there aren't seperate teams for TSB and Lloyds or anything like that and no priority is given between the two companies.
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi

Just logged onto Halifax and it seems the same. Not noticed any difference.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport