The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,689 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    That's the spirit GP :) Having just come out of the other end of our own 'sorting and decorating ready to sell' house project, I can confirm that teensy tiny bits DO indeed add up, and there IS an end (however far away it feels...). Sometimes yes, it feels like you're going backwards :rotfl: but you are inching forwards and that tat that you removed from the house? You'll never have to deal with that particular bit of tat again :j :j

Well done :D
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Absolutely!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Whoever suggested the valerian tea - you could have pointed out it tastes yuck :(

But I will be back tomorrow ecstatic if it has worked (and may have another cup in the morning and take myself back to bed :rotfl:).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Good Evening :hello:

gally - did it work? If we'd pointed out that it's not the best tasting thing you'll try this year, no-one would try it :D I find the taste bearable - it's the smell that gets me. I always think something has died and transmogrified on the carpet. And then I remember I have valerie sitting in front of me.

I have spent money today. Mostly on needed things, and a bit of impulse buying in the m&$ sale on clothes for BG. Luckily the one item I was going to buy anyway. I didn't have enough money on me the other day. A situation that saved me £1.50 today :j

I popped a donation in the FB box in the BS. There was more in there since yesterday, so I'm hopeful folk are twigging on, and it'll prove a success and lots of 'good stuff' will get to where it needs to go :D

Tea was spiced parsnip and apple soup. It's kinda sorta made up - the quantities and spices certainly are a case of whatever is to hand, But I seem to remember that its origins are in a Jane Grigson recipe, maybe with pear rather than apple?? Can't remember. But it was delish.

I still haven't got round to completing my meal-plan :doh:

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

meeting new people

choices

tea from scratch in minutes
    :j

Ta for popping in. Appreciated. :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,689 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Excellent bargain hunting and donating GP :j
  • Good afternoon :hello:

Thanks Cheery, your support - and the support of all on here - is absolutely invaluable :D

Well, we've seized the day and been hither and yon :D I have bought one or two grocery bits and pieces - making sure I took advantage of the last day of the S6 and purchased 2 x bags of parsnips and a HUGE swede :D We were gifted some leeks too :j

I know that some of you may think that 'listening to the universe' (etc etc) is a lot of new-age mumble jumble, but I'm open to it enough to...... keep an ear open to co-incidence etc. I haven't won the lottery (:( boo!), nor transformed my life because of it, but I'm sure I've participated in alot of 'good stuff', because I've been a little bit open-minded, and I've certainly met some nice people because of it ;) So it's been no surprise today, that I overheard something - which I possibly wasn't supposed to (as such) - but which has helped me make a decision about carrying on - or not - with a social group that I'd joined. I'd been getting less and less 'out' of turning up (not that I expect it to be 'take, take, take' - I do try ever so hard to give too) and was thinking of just jacking in participation. The way today panned out, I could see that it won't be very long before there is a natural point to quit, without ruffling feathers, and up until that point, we literally can just 'enjoy the ride'.

I'm glad that I donated to the FB yesterday, as my donations from last week, and several weeks before - to the other collection point - are still sat in the box. It's important to me to know that my donations are getting to where they need to be. Sitting in a box for weeks on end is helping no-one.

BG is having a nap, and I need to get on and do some housework (ugh!).

Tea tonight is a mystery. I really must get my butt into gear with this dang menu-planning. Retrospective meal-planning does not have legs as an idea! :rotfl:

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ...I'm glad that I donated to the FB yesterday, as my donations from last week, and several weeks before - to the other collection point - are still sat in the box. It's important to me to know that my donations are getting to where they need to be. Sitting in a box for weeks on end is helping no-one...

GP - at the risk of getting booted off your lovely thread...:o:o:o

...would it be a complete faux-pas to pull your donations out of said box & give them to the FB that you are currently donating to???

Just saying...;):D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 March 2018 at 8:56PM
    Good Evening :hello:
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    GP - at the risk of getting booted off your lovely thread...:o:o:o

...would it be a complete faux-pas to pull your donations out of said box & give them to the FB that you are currently donating to???

Just saying...;):D

Ha ha ha - rtandon - a thought such as that did tip-toe through my mind at one point. But you just know that I would have got caught red-handed removing the things - by someone and it would be interpreted totally as .... theft :(:D So no, I have left my contributions there, in the hope that they get to their intended destination sometime before Christmas. And I shall keep my fingers crossed and hope that the BS are meaningfully engaged with their project, and that will perhaps enable me to 'make up the difference' ;)

Tea this evening ended up being red kidney bean chilli, rice and broccoli. The chilli used up the remaining half a bottle of passata and the broccoli was the remainder of a bag out of the freezer. Cheap, cheerful and filling. And just the right sort of nosh, given the biting cold wind.

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

decisions

emails

Ta for popping in. Greatly appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!

gally - did it work?
    That'd be a resounding NO :(. Back to the drawing board, though maybe third time lucky tonight? Have to say it tastes better than it smells - but if it didn't I wouldn't have been able to drink it :rotfl:.

Not sure how I feel on the woo-wooness of asking the Universe (though hedging my bets by writing Universe with a capital :rotfl:). However, I do know that if you talk to people (ridiculous concept I know ;)) and 'put what you want out there' (not necessarily specifically asking for something) things can happen. Just wrote a long post that bored me when I read it back so deleted it, let's just say I've a few examples of it working :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl wrote: »
    That'd be a resounding NO :(. Back to the drawing board, though maybe third time lucky tonight? Have to say it tastes better than it smells - but if it didn't I wouldn't have been able to drink it :rotfl:.

Not sure how I feel on the woo-wooness of asking the Universe (though hedging my bets by writing Universe with a capital :rotfl:). However, I do know that if you talk to people (ridiculous concept I know ;)) and 'put what you want out there' (not necessarily specifically asking for something) things can happen. Just wrote a long post that bored me when I read it back so deleted it, let's just say I've a few examples of it working :rotfl:.

Aw, that's a shame about the tea. I'm not sure how 'long' you're supposed to give it to 'kick in'. I know herbal medicines etc usually say 1 - 2 weeks, but I was very lucky with the tea, in that there was a discernable difference after the first cup, and it's worked pretty much since - although I've thwarted it several times by winding myself up like the town hall clock! :(

Yes, I think you're relating to 'universe' in a similar way to me. I think it is possibly as much about listening as 'communicating', and then joining the dots together - leading to what you asked for/desired/needed etc, perhaps being more (or seemingly more) readily available. I'm not too sure I'm into 'woo-woo' thinking where you just write your wish-list, sit back and watch it all fall in your lap tickety-boo. After all, sometimes what we most desire, isn't actually what we need.

Only pragmatic woo-woo thinking on this thread, please. :rotfl:

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure