So Confused!!!

As title suggests so confused!

Posted yesterday about a valuation done last week that we have been waiting weeks for! Heard nothing this week so far so called my broker yesterday. I got an email back stating that the valuation will be there by close of business last night and they would chase the offer this morning.

Just spoke to the broker company and the mortgage company have had a technical glitch can get to the valuation but can not put it on my file to initiate an offer!

So stressed with it all, am I reading too much into this, we are now on week 12 and I have no idea what's going on?

Comments

• elverson
    elverson Posts: 808 Forumite
    Calm down, you're buying an asset, it's not oxygen.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Peach80 wrote: »
    I have no idea what's going on

Yes you do - this...

Peach80 wrote: »
    I got an email back stating that the valuation will be there by close of business last night and they would chase the offer this morning.

Just spoke to the broker company and the mortgage company have had a technical glitch can get to the valuation but can not put it on my file to initiate an offer
  • Peach80
    Peach80 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Wow!

As a first time buyer that has not been guided well through the whole process it's so nice to come on here and get such helpful guidance and advice to ease the stress of it all. (Please note my sarcasm)

Won't bother asking on future!!!!
  • clairebeth
    clairebeth Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello,

I hope you are feeling a bit less stressed. Have you heard anything else back from your broker this evening? I'm sure you will soon. It's their job! However, I'm not sure there is anything they can do about a glitch in the system. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and you will know your valuation by tomorrow. It's nothing to do with you or your situation personally, just a glitch, so you may just have to be patient! Don't forget we've just had two bank holidays, so a valuation done last week may take slightly longer.

Good luck!
  • Is the lender Woolwich/Barclays by any chance?
  • Peach80
    Peach80 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi thank you both for replying!

The lender is TSB, it has not been plain sailing at all we applied for the mortgage on the 24th Feb and we are still not there yet! We are now 12 weeks since reserving the property which is getting built quicker than we are progressing hence the stress.

I don't have a glowing past I lost my job 3 weeks after coming back from maternity leave my son is now nearly 9 and it scuppered things after a perfect credit file, but worked hard to sort it all just unfortunate so it just feels very up and down. I don't feel like we have been guided amazingly either so just feel like the past three months has just been a blur of not understanding processes, lengths of times and systems hence why I came on here.

Just concerned this 'glitch' is something more and we have lost the property which will be gutting this far in now :/ I am most likely letting my mind read too much into it but after weeks and weeks it's all come to a head. hope we get news today, fingers crossed!
  • tom2205
    tom2205 Posts: 42 Forumite
    TSB can be one of the lenders that are much more stringent than others when it comes to underwriting, their turnaround of documents / referring to other departments to sign off. Don't be too concerned about how everything is going as of yet. Personally, I would call your broker and ask them to ring TSB, find out exactly what stage they are at, what is outstanding and what are the current notes on their system for where the application stands.
    I am a Mortgage & Protection Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure