Cheap Granite Worktops

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Will do :)
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • windym_2
    windym_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I know you are sorted now, but we used http://www.ukaffordablegranite.com/ and had Absolute Black. They were increcible, inexpensive, fitted in half a day with no mess or disruption. They came all the way to Sunny Cornwall, so I would guess anywhere is local to them.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Windym, what sort of price did you pay, and for what sort of size/layout (cuts?)

tia
  • HartGranite
    HartGranite Posts: 12 Forumite
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    I have just had a kitchen fitted and the company that were going to supply the granite worktops have totally let us down. I want Galaxy Black worktops.

We are in the West Midlands/Worcestershire area :) Can anyone recommend a company that can do it cheaply for me? (and quick!)

Hi Doozergirl

Just out of interest; did you get a good deal on your granite worktop?

Who did you use in the end?

Ciao ciao :rolleyes:
    Granite Worktops are great for your Kitchen!
  • aylesby
    aylesby Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Try these -

http://www.diapol.co.uk/about.htm

I have no personal experiences with them but I have heard they are pretty good on price.

We had a good experience, both price and workmanship, with them last year. Their factory is based out of Estonia with installers throughout Europe. Good English on the phone and no money paid until job done. They would take three weeks to complete. Their web site has a detailed estimator if you have the patience.
  • HartGranite
    HartGranite Posts: 12 Forumite
    Just a few questions...

What happens if you were to have a problem with your stone after installation?

How do they sort this out?

Do they just send a French / Polish / Whatever worktop fitter to come back and sort you out?

Do you ever see the original fitter again?

Speak soon ;)
    Granite Worktops are great for your Kitchen!
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 May 2009 at 2:17PM
    As above, I used diapol. I wouldn't be planning to see the original fitter again! No idea what happens if there is a problem - there hasn't been one! I was over the moon with their service

H used another company recently which cut on site on a project recently - only because he needed it very quickly. He's not entirely happy with it - I haven't seen it but there's an issue with it because the walls of the house are not straight and there are considerable gaps behind so we've had to buy quite thick tiles to disguise it.

Diapol were very quick considering that they had to come out and template - less than three weeks from our initial phone-call to fitting. The fitting was immaculate. It say something for their confidence in their quality that you pay absolutely nothing until it's fitted.

I really recommend that people use a company that template (like diapol), not cut and fit on site.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • aylesby
    aylesby Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Diapol want the base units in place before their templator starts work and ours took over half a day to measure everything.
    We then had to move a unit three inches but their fitters shortened the piece they brought to the site.
    Diapol send free samples so you can see what you are getting in to. Colours can change because stone is bought in batches from quarries.
  • Doozergirl wrote: »
    As above, I used diapol. I wouldn't be planning to see the original fitter again! No idea what happens if there is a problem - there hasn't been one! I was over the moon with their service

H used another company recently which cut on site on a project recently - only because he needed it very quickly. He's not entirely happy with it - I haven't seen it but there's an issue with it because the walls of the house are not straight and there are considerable gaps behind so we've had to buy quite thick tiles to disguise it.

Diapol were very quick considering that they had to come out and template - less than three weeks from our initial phone-call to fitting. The fitting was immaculate. It say something for their confidence in their quality that you pay absolutely nothing until it's fitted.

I really recommend that people use a company that template (like diapol), not cut and fit on site.

Did you purchase it solely over the internet? I read an article recently that talked about internet selling for granite worktops and the article mentioned the diapol autoquote...
    Row row row your boat
  • Alan_M_2
    Alan_M_2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    If possible, find somewhere you can visit to view the stock you are buying. Diapol (and some of their fitters) occasionally buy from me when they're caught short.

But generally they manufacture in their own premises in Estonia as suggested.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure