Ebay down detector

124»

Comments

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Dead as a dodo again today and checking the down detector there is a big orange dot over the uk

Surely eBay must be breaking the law by charging for a service they're not providing ?

There is some speculation that ebays servers can't cope with the volume of traffic, so why are they giving all 'private' sellers100 free listings per day ??
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • charlies_mum
    We have just had two auctions finish. Both had 30 watchers and received a bid earlier today they both sold for the initial bid

The U.K. Again is under a big red dot. Coincidence ??
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well after an absolutely stunning weekend I'm now back to dead as a dodo. Yesterday I didn't even sell anything at all.

I'm just about to start a thread about Shpock (I got desperate)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    Surely eBay have to come forward and make a statement about what's going on. The eBay selling boards are full of threads of sellers complaining about lack of sales and glitches and all eBay do is put their prices up
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Surely eBay have to come forward and make a statement about what's going on. The eBay selling boards are full of threads of sellers complaining about lack of sales and glitches and all eBay do is put their prices up

They could go into free fall and they would still be blaming us sellers. The problem is some sellers are still doing very well for some reason, at the weekend I literally couldn't pack the stuff as fast as it was selling and I got though loads of posting sacks as I sold so much.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    soolin wrote: »
    They could go into free fall and they would still be blaming us sellers. The problem is some sellers are still doing very well for some reason, at the weekend I literally couldn't pack the stuff as fast as it was selling and I got though loads of posting sacks as I sold so much.

But there's no rhyme or reason to it. You has a fab weekend (well done) but you don't know why or what you can do to replicate

Be a Top Rated Seller they said, give free delivery and one day despatch When that didn't work they said "try a promotion, buyers love promotions". Tried that, it didn't work either.

When Chinese sellers and "private" sellers rate higher in the listings than TRS, what's the point ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport