Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Splurge wrote: »
    Okay fair point. You should add the deals from TalkTalk Virtual provider too as they are pretty competitive. TalkTalk is owned by Carphone warehouse and are virtual provider of Vodafone Network

Thanks, I'll look into adding it when i get time :)
  • azainah
    azainah Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 September 2013 at 6:13PM
    WELL this was extremely difficult. I was searching for this thread EVERYWHERE and i literally mean everywhere on HUKD. I tried googling it but it came up as spam. I then decided to make it my buisness to find out exactly what had happened (Sherlock Holmes moment) to this extremely detailed, well thought out and useful thread. I tried searching for your username but was unsure of how to spell Ahmad, but after doing more digging it became apparent to me that all your previous comments had been deleted off the face of the earth, as if you never existed as a user. I then remember a mention of this site and made an account JUST so i could tell you my journey to finding this thread. Although it is not as good as your HUKD version it still useful.
    So after all of this mess please explain to my why your deal had been spammed and you have been deleted? Try not to use terms such as affliate link because i have NO idea what that means.
  • ZhugeEX
    edited 5 September 2013 at 7:32PM
    That's some journey. Wow.

HUKD banned me and deleted my thread without warning because I have a link in the spreadsheet that if you use it to buy an item It pays me money. This link is highlighted as an affiliate link and is highlighted clearly that using the link means I get paid. This link is under the three sim only deals. It is just one link and it is the users choice to use the link or not. This has been on the spreadsheet since day 1 and is labeled as such. All other links on the spreadsheet do not make me money.

Hukd haven't got back to me on when they will reinstate the thread if at all.

I'm a bit annoyed they just deleted it without warning. Very disappointed to be honest
  • swift1_2
    swift1_2 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was just browsing hukd thread the other day and happened to open up your spreadsheet and bookmarked both the spreadsheet and the hukd thread as a quick reference to find good mobile deals for various family members.
    Went back y'day to the thread and was shocked to find it marked as spam!
    I've sent them an email, absolutely shocking behaviour by HUKD.
    Keep up the good work.
  • ZhugeEX
    Thanks, its good to know there are people who appreciate the work I've put in :)

If you have any further questions or comments just post here for now :)
  • great work you have put in this thanks alot
  • ZhugeEX
    Thanks guys.

I can now confirm the original HUKD thread has been restored to it's former glory as the second hottest active deal on the whole of HUKD.
  • knitnut
    knitnut Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2013 at 12:35PM
    Thanks for this. I have been a PAYG user since the year dot. I recently won a phone (through MSE) and am deciding to go over to the sim only type of phone/contract. Looking at this is a great help but what my question is - Does coverage / reception differ much between companies? I don't want to get myself a good deal on sim only, only to find I am not able to get a signal everywhere. I live in N. Ireland and it used to be we had some places that didn't get a good signal. Or is this a thing of the past nowadays? I had been looking at the Tesco deal (I'm a low user) and wondered if anyone on it found it lacking anything?
    Thanks in advance.
    PS. just found the coverage checker thing so that should be ok. (I'm a bit slow on the uptake).
    I see that Tesco use the O2 network. Does that mean I would also get O2 priority moments deals too?
    Thanks.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No, but you don't really need to be on O2 for them anyway, I have an inactive O2 PAYG SIM and that's enough for me to be able to use the Android app.
  • ZhugeEX
    knitnut wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I have been a PAYG user since the year dot. I recently won a phone (through MSE) and am deciding to go over to the sim only type of phone/contract. Looking at this is a great help but what my question is - Does coverage / reception differ much between companies? I don't want to get myself a good deal on sim only, only to find I am not able to get a signal everywhere. I live in N. Ireland and it used to be we had some places that didn't get a good signal. Or is this a thing of the past nowadays? I had been looking at the Tesco deal (I'm a low user) and wondered if anyone on it found it lacking anything?
    Thanks in advance.
    PS. just found the coverage checker thing so that should be ok. (I'm a bit slow on the uptake).
    I see that Tesco use the O2 network. Does that mean I would also get O2 priority moments deals too?
    Thanks.

Hi there. Which network are you currently on at the moment? And are you happy with them?
    It may be worth sticking with pay as you go if you're a very low user. Ovivo, Three and Tesco Lite do some good deals if you're just sticking to a low amount of calls and texts.

If you want to use a bit more + data as well then a sim only package can be a good option. Coverage is always an issue as no network can ever guarantee a signal everywhere. Best thing to do is try a pay as you go sim from the network first to see if it works in your area. Then go from there.

And no, you can't get O2 priority on Tesco. But like mentioned above you can always use an old sim or a friends app or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure