My upping my income challenge

Options
Thought I'd share my little personal challenge with everyone. I want to pay off my mortgage before my 30th birthday, which gives me 4 years to find £110,000.

It's pretty unlikely that I'll actually achieve this but I'm aiming big.

So starting on the 15th I've been trying to find as many ways of making extra cash as possible.

Going to ebay some stuff but waiting for the next cheap listing day, have a change tin which we put all out change into plus £5 notes whcih we then transfer to savings at end of month.

Started on slice the pie and have earned £30 this week so far.
Joined quidco and have £125 tracked
Joined Greasypalm and have £20 in there(and a free dvd woo- more things to sell)

Have applied to mystery shop places but probably wont get a lot of those as I'm in Aberdeen.
Have applied to AQA too just waiting to hear back, fingers crossed.
Have tried free bingo but that was a bust. Have also joined a variety of bingo sites through quidco/greasypalm taking the amount I need to deposit to join off the cashback given(for example I joined virgin through quidco, had to deposit £50 and play half but for my £25 payout they gave me £50 cashback).
Any more tips for me?

Comments

• sparklewing
    Options
    Hurrah just added to my fund. Joined jackpot joy through greasy palm and they gave £20 cashback for a £10 deposit, so £10 profit there.

Was playing my £10 deposit and won £60 :D

So total jackpot profit of £70 happy bunny sparkle.

Off to withdraw the winnings before I get tempted to gamble them away.:o
  • andan
    andan Posts: 2,110 Forumite
    Options
    Well done sparklewig on winning £60 and on your intended challenge. I wish you the best of luck. Have you tried matched betting, which can be found on the gambling intro board, some people have made quite a bit through doing it. Takes a while to get your head round it though.
    :j Live on £4500, £2531/£4500:T 101 in 1001 (52/101):j:beer::j

• sparklewing
    Options
    Grrrr can't withdraw my winnings until I wager another £30. Always read the small print people lol.

Upside wagering that £30 still leaves me £40 in profit and who knows maybe I'll win more :rolleyes:

Have been meaning to have a look at matched betting but need to set aside a day to sit and read all the threads properly as I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to betting(see above lol)
  • novagirl
    novagirl Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck on your challenge! Maybe try some of the other cashback sites too for some daily clicking? I do mine while listening to the tracks on slice the pie. Two birds and one stone and all that! Don't forget pigsback too!
  • sparklewing
    Options
    I so dont understand pigsback lol been a member for 2 years and have 0 piggypoints :o really need to go and read up on it sometime.
  • novagirl
    novagirl Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=678797

voila! You'll have some vouchers (or whatever you're after) in no time!
  • sparklewing
    Options
    Cheers, between that and greasy palm I'm going to have a busy few days when slice the pie are between rooms.
  • sparklewing
    Options
    Just read the matched betting thread and think my brain went into meltdown. will try again tomorrow lol.
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck Sparkle I have been meaning to get my head round it too, if you mange to understand it please share:confused:
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Archerfish might be another to sign up to and libertycash. Both pay to click sites, but every little bit helps!!!

(I have referrals if you'd like to use them. Don't think I can post them here!!!)

Also have you checked out the referers board? Lots of people with ideas there
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport