PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Left over ready made custard, any ideas?

Options
Hi
I have almost a litre of left over ready made custard & I have no idea what to do with it.

Any one have any idea's, I've done a few searches but can't find anything?
Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D

Comments

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Add it to a trifle?

Serve it up with homemade apple pie, or even a bought pie/strudel
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    It needs used today & we are out to eat tonight for a family members birthday.

Would it freeze ok do you think?
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I have almost a litre of left over ready made custard & I have no idea what to do with it.

Any one have any idea's, I've done a few searches but can't find anything?
    EAT IT:rotfl:no seriously get digestive biccys, melted butter and mash together and put in a tin/flat tray thing, put stewed apples ontop then custard and then crumble a flake over it put it in fridge to go cold and eat the lot yourself no need to share or even tell anyone you made it ...thats what i would do, but then ive pmt at moment and anything sweet is just soooooooooo right at the moment.:p
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Alton_Towers
    Options
    Make up a bit of shortcrust pastry and make custart tarts, or pop stewed fruit or jam in bottom of pastry case then top with custard and bake! Did this last week and went down a treat!
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Put it in the freezer, then give it a good stir every hour or so - ice cream
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ^^
    Seconded:j
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • pink_princess
    Options
    Raksha wrote: »
    Put it in the freezer, then give it a good stir every hour or so - ice cream
    Just on it's own? Will that work? It sounds great :)
  • pink_princess
    Options
    craigywv wrote: »
    EAT IT:rotfl:no seriously get digestive biccys, melted butter and mash together and put in a tin/flat tray thing, put stewed apples ontop then custard and then crumble a flake over it put it in fridge to go cold and eat the lot yourself no need to share or even tell anyone you made it ...thats what i would do, but then ive pmt at moment and anything sweet is just soooooooooo right at the moment.:p
    I don't have a sweet tooth :o
  • Emuchops
    Emuchops Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make a sandwich with it - like a giant Custard Cream.
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    manchester tart , not made it in ages , pastry , jam custard with coconut on top delicious or you could put a banana under custard layer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure