People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Options

Comments

• william17
    Options
    i am having trouble getting through. i got to the stage where i gave them my bank details then got cut off trying to pay deposit.they have my bank details i have no insurance.the number katie has put up is not valid and cant get through
  • lastgunfighter
    Options
    The wife has her car with RSA echoice, just had the renewal notice, increase of 20% no claims, we havn't moved, same job and the same car.

Searched the usual sites and found great cover elsewhere, always worth 10 mins for over £100 saved.

Tried to 'Cancel at renewal date' on the echoice site and got the usual 'our site is undergoing problems' message, twice. I am sure they could sort it out if they wanted to. I have still not managed to cancel the policy, I will continue to log on. To be sure I will cancel the direct debit.
  • cafcaddick
    Options
    echoice still coming up top on go compare, wouldn't connect when go to buy so googled echoice and being told like so many others site being updated so did not get to put card details etc in, then spotted this and after reading I think I've had a lucky escape, sounds like its a steer clear company!
    If so many people are having trouble why are go compare still allowing them to give quotes? go compare and oter similar sites have got to take some blame as they don't seem to be regulating at all.

I'd also go as far as saying steer clear of More Than & Royal Sun Alliance who all seem to be linked to echoice but do nothing. They obviuosly do not value their reputations either!
  • WindTurbine
    Options
    I took a policy out in Oct 2011 and they service has been appalling. I would advise anyone against this company.
  • katiedog
    katiedog Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    I have been pleased with them. I did it via a cashback site, it tracked in good time. They had a offer of a free mot which i recieved. The complaints about logging on seem surprising as ive tried logging on about 15 times at different times and have had no problems. Also a lot of the complaints on here are people with there first post, a coincidence or the same person with a grudge?
  • ronsta
    ronsta Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    the website still seems to be not avalible. whats going on??????
  • katiedog
    Options
    To be honest i dont believe the post above about not being able to get onto the website. I tried yesterday no problems. I have tried over 40 times in last few months and there has never been any problems inspite of the posts on here from people who say different, all with their first post.

It is a good website, so dont let that put you off. This forum is to help people not to mislead people.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    katiedog wrote: »
    To be honest i dont believe the post above about not being able to get onto the website. I tried yesterday no problems. I have tried over 40 times in last few months.........

Well.....your posts are definitely hard to believe!

eg this is what you told us in the penultimate post above:
    ive tried logging on about 15 times at different times and have had no problems

Compare with the post above (where you now claim 40 visits)!

They are part of morethan, who which? tell us are on their "not recommended" list. So it's not just newbies here who don't like 'em!
  • katiedog
    Options
    Ive logged into the website 25 times in the last 2 weeks to check whether there is a problem with the website and numerous times before this to check if there is a problem. There has been no problem. Ive done this so i can tell mses ive had no problems, if the above post finds that unbelivable perhaps he should get out more.

I dont have any connection with echoice but all im saying I have had no problems with them whatso ever. If some people have had problems logging in thats unfortunate and they should post.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    katiedog wrote: »
    Ive logged into the website 25 times in the last 2 weeks to check whether there is a problem with the website and numerous times before this to check if there is a problem. There has been no problem. Ive done this so i can tell mses ive had no problems.......

Most helpful.

But being able/unable to get into the website won't be the reason Which? says they don't recommend us to use morethan for our car insurance!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure