barclaycard login problems

hi is anyone else having problems logging in to barclaycard today? on every attempt it says login failed. just wondering if its a problem with my account or a general problem with their site.

Comments

• Geenie
    Geenie Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Hi ohsobroke

I haven't had any problem logging in, though I am not a fan of the latest prompt coming up for a password in full view, ie my aunties name above what I need to type in!

"Life is difficult. Life is a series of problems. What makes life difficult is that the process of confronting and solving problems is a painful one." M Scott Peck. The Road Less Travelled.
  • stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    ohsobroke wrote: »
    hi is anyone else having problems logging in to barclaycard today? on every attempt it says login failed. just wondering if its a problem with my account or a general problem with their site.

No issues at all....
  • hutch610
    hutch610 Posts: 105 Forumite
    ohsobroke wrote: »

I getting this now and its third time i have had login problems. Works for few days then fails, i have not put anything wrong in either,
    :female:
  • JDC14
    JDC14 Posts: 436 Forumite
    I'm not but there is a thread full of people having lots of issues with Barclaycard log-in.
  • Tried to log into my Barclaycard account several times yesterday and kept getting System Error message. Tried again today (from various angles) and still get the same message.
    I want to pay my bill before the 'pay by' date, and if this problem continues I'll end up incurring charges!! This is just SO annoying.
    I will now give them a call to see if they are experiencing problems with their website....which they obviously are, but I'd like to know what exactly!!
    Funnily enough, I remember having similar trouble last month too, but successfully logged in after several attempts. So they need to get this sorted pretty quickly.
  • Jennifer_Jane
    Jennifer_Jane Posts: 3,237
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 22 November 2011 at 3:35PM
    Logged in fine this morning at about 09:15 or so. All seems fine.*

I paid a manual amount at the weekend and apparently it takes two working days to go through. Nevertheless, it was all in order this morning. I have left in some money owing in order to check that the 'pay by' date and the date which Barclaycard have (and which cannot be changed, it seems), for my DD to go off. But if it all goes wrong, then the interest to pay would be minimal.

All worked fine when I was with Egg.

*PS - have just this moment tried again, and it was slow, but no fundamental problem. Timed: 15:35
  • Geenie wrote: »
    Hi ohsobroke

I haven't had any problem logging in, though I am not a fan of the latest prompt coming up for a password in full view, ie my aunties name above what I need to type in!

Wasn't it supposed to be a reminder word, not the actual password itself? A double bluff on your part, perhaps? You have the actual password? :D
  • OK - Just contacted Barclaycard using their online chat. I won't go into all the details, but the operator asked exactly what message I was getting which I pasted back to her. This is how it went:

Me: This is the message...."We're sorry there was a problem - we were unable to process your request and as a precaution you have been logged out. Please log back in to continue using mybarclaycard."

Operator: I'm sorry you are having difficulty accessing MyBarclaycard. We are aware of the problem and our technical team is working to fix this issue. Please try to login back later today. If you will encounter same problem please call the internet help desk on 0844 811 1560 sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

[FONT=&quot]Hope this helps someone. Meanwhile I'll just try again. However I really do hope that this, as a recurring problem, gets sorted out once and for all.
    [/FONT]
  • I can get the first log-in page but when I have entered my passcode to go to second log-in page I'm getting system error. I called Barclaycard who said that I would have to de then re-register my account! I said I didn't want to do that as it entailed new passwords, details, codes, etc and all they could say was we can do it on the phone for you(!) or 'try tomorrow'!?! Which I did and it still isn't working. Surely I shouldn't have to change passwords, etc / re-create my account because of a fault at Barclaycard's end???
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fine here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts