PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Comments

• wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Been out gardening this morning, after 2 toast brekkie. Weather is awful though and I got soaked.
    Got in at 2 pm had a shower then had crackers with cheddar with pickles and onion in it, followed by a latte.
    My brother and wife are going out for tea and invited me along, and as dd1 and boyfriend were calling they are coming too.
    Dgson here tomorrow so will lift out beef that we had a couple of weeks ago , it's cooked and sliced and in gravy so will just need reheating, and do pots and veg.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    SC curry smelling good :) I still haven't gone food shopping so lunch was another 'what have I got in' meal, ended up with a mushroom and kale omlette with some tomatoes and the last of my beetroot hummus on the side, I also had a bag of frozen kale in the freezer (it's in little frozen blocks about the size of ice cubes), I haven't used it as I've had fresh kale in my box the last few weeks, so I used some to make a banana and kale smoothie with some greek yoghurt and almond milk, it was delish so I'm going to keep the frozen kale for smoothies now :D

off dog walking now and then a food shop :wave:
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I boxed up the beef... and I had just a Yorkie with some gravy for tea. Early tea though, so I suspect I'll nibble some crisps later.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Youngest dd and boyfriend have been staying for a few days and spent the day in Whitby. They just arrived back and gave me a lift to the supermarket as I am cooking for six of us tomorrow.

A huge piece of extra matured beef has been bought with a big bag of tatties, lots of veg and a bottle of wine. I even managed to use the vouchers in my purse for extra nectar points.

Youngest and bf don't want a meal as they had a late lunch and are going to meet friends for a drink later so I have a container of home made lasagne I can heat up for myself.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kittie

We have a couple of family members who are vegan. Last time I saw
    a cousin and hugged her, she was so thin I could not help myself saying " x you are skinny I want to feed you a meat pie!" then blushed as I realised what I had said.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Just had snack meal of a version of what is called "Breakfast of champions" - so several different fruits including bananas, with chia seeds, tiny amount cacao nibs, little almond milk. Would have been better with the exact ingredients specified on that YouTube video - but was still perfectly acceptable.

Right - off to pick some lettuce etc from the garden and will have another one (yep that CFO repeat time again:() of those black bean burgers/some salad/bit of leftover sweet potato.

Been checking out recipes for vegan "cheeze" sauce - of which there's quite a few variants around and just picked out a basic one made with cooked potatoes, cooked carrots and nutritional yeast. So I guess there might be some of that being tried tomorrow for lighter meal. Will be having main meal out at lunchtime and lighter meal in the evening then. So could be another experiment coming up tomorrow.

Still v. much in experimental mode at the moment. Latest positive verdict - I may not like T*sco own brand almond milk (yep....chucked it down the drain..) but no surprises there and I do like the name brand "Rude Health". I think I'm getting the message that the quickest way for me personally to waste money re food is to buy an own brand version of anything - as I usually end up chucking most of it out deciding I don't like it...sighs:(
  • Don't worrit Elona - no chance of me fading to a shadow any time soon on my sorta semi-vegan diet:rotfl:. - not with the amount I eat. Still having some vegetarian food - just veering a bit.

I'll be glad if I go from size 14 label clothes back to actual size 14 as I used to be (ie size 10 label clothes these days I guess). Will be nice when I can get my figure back:)
  • poppystar
    poppystar Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 28 October 2017 at 6:47PM
    I boxed up the beef... and I had just a Yorkie with some gravy for tea. Early tea though, so I suspect I'll nibble some crisps later.

Ok my cold has really got to my brain. On first reading I was envisaging a chocolate bar dipped in gravy:D

Credit card bill came this morning. How the *&%% have I spent so much on food in one month:eek::eek:- and it is all food as I'd previously stocked up on household:o

Is it feed a cold and starve a fever or the other way round I can never remember?!

Stir fry for tea if I can stand long enough to cook it:)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good evening everyone,
    It is truly miserable and cold here tonight. I admitted defeat and put the heating at 5.30pm as if I put on any more layers I'd not be able to move:(. Certainly not salad weather here :eek:. Tomorrow is meant to be even colder but at least dry and sunny so that's much better:).
    All my Lakeland goodies arrived this afternoon:D, I'm delighted with everything, just need to work out where the various bits will be stored:cool:.

I'm being cooked for tonight which is always lovely and my son has stated he's nipping to the chippy to get chips to go with the fish and mushy peas he bought earlier:D:D

Poppystar - I think it's feed a cold so you can blame the bill on being poorly;)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 October 2017 at 8:42PM
    caronc wrote: »
    I think it's feed a cold so you can blame the bill on being poorly

There's feeding ... and there's throwing a banquet in its honour!
    :)

In true CFO style ... if you open a can and don't eat it all, it's still there. So tonight I had the 2nd half of that creamed rice can I opened 2 days ago, with a spoon of jam. Reheated it in a mug, so I could eat from the mug.

EDIT: Since that I've scoffed another packet of crisps, that's two today, or is it 3? Two empties beside me, so it might be two :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure