Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right going to make a quiche and cake , while i can eat them:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 March 2017 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    ASDA Women's Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - Cotton Blossom (250ml)£1.00 74p I think not.

This is it - I had this product on a few random occasions last summer. (I keep the item on the list as items "always" continue to be somewhere, even if randomly in and out of a store on one specific week.) I have had absolutely no trace for the last six months. And, then, all of a sudden, I had the product in a store last Wednesday and even with stock. There could have been stock sitting in the back of the store, not brought out, for several months that has just been found. The APG is most unlikely to be suddenly back in stock right now (even if it ever had the M product on any occasion - and, moreover, I have my doubt as I have never seen the APG link up the A item with M and it's only me that is seeing them as comparable). We just never know when they may have landed in a collection store.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are poorly this morning tweets.

Thinking too about Jeremiah:A and our lovely VT.

back later peeps:)

Good Afternoon :wave:

I started with a sore throat last week which turned into a cold :(

It will go eventually hope before 2 weeks though lol
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bubbs :wave:

Snap you made me :rotfl::rotfl: snotty :p

Going to watch footie glad its on the tv :j:j:j

My birthday Lilies are dying :( not bad had them 17 days they came from Asda lovely white ones :)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 12 March 2017 at 3:25PM
    Options
    I think I am just missing some items, that I have now found. One of them is on hotdeals as being in a store that I visited. I visited two days later and didn't find the product or any SEL for it there at all - definitely no longer in the store when I visited. Some items may be in stores before, clear out and the SEL is away within a couple of days and there is nothing when I visit. I have picked up the product since elsewhere but noticed I have missed it when visiting the other store two days earlier as it seems I was a day or two too late to catch it there. There are a lot of RTC items currently that I have in only one store (and you know how many, increasing number of, stores I am visiting) - I do not know what percentage of them the APG will have.

Normally I have RTC items in more places at the beginning (perhaps it is because I am trying to find them now having missed a few weeks out?) but, this time, I am finding one in one store, one in another, one elsewhere - just one store contributing one or two items each, one of which may be in another store for me (so just two stores for that item - various items depending on what stores you go to) and no 'central' place for them all - to get them all, I am certainly having to use more stores than would have picked up items in the past. I've have about four or five of the items in a store before and get a lot of them - however, now, it's seemingly thinly dispersed as one different item each in five stores. And - :rotfl:I'm still missing some items as there are items I have not seen that are online! The Red Bull 12 pack, which was not an RTC item, I have only found one version in one store and still have the other missing (but I will assume its price) - despite now having visited 21 stores! (At this point, I am probably not going to go to further stores just yet, although the missing one will probably appear at my nearest store tomorrow, when I am not there:rotfl:. I'm not actually looking for that... I am looking for other things and, yes, each of the three additional stores I have now visited has given me something I didn't have before I went there.)

The (frozen) Hog Bite Roast has now gone down to £1 (don't know when that happened). I don't know about the chances of the Poppin Chicken, that worked on the APG a couple of weeks ago, still working. I think, as they did pick it up, probably from one store, they are likely to have been OOS for long now to pick up it again. That's assuming the SEL even remains in the store, which I suspect it probably will not. They may, of course, have had the product randomly come into another of their stores later but I don't know. It's probably not even going to get picked up there as OOS.

It's not OOS in M of course - at least not as of this morning. I did still find a SEL for it last Wednesday, although it was not visible as it had been put underneath a SEL for another product, that also wasn't physically there, that had been turned so that the blank backside of the SEL was showing on the shelf. I think they'd have been OOS for so long in the store that, effectively, no trace of the product. That was all I had: nothing elsewhere.

I could have done with buying another pack. I didn't have any in my nearby M later in the week. Previously, it had had a SEL, but covered with OOS, whilst the product was on a different shelf:rotfl:. Despite my attempts at hiding stock further to what I then needed, I couldn't find any this week:(. Fwiw, the SEL had gone and all I had was a covered-up SEL in one other store that has probably been OOS for too long.

So, today, effectively, I've taken a trip to my M 33 miles away to buy the pack I wanted:rotfl::rotfl:. Of course I did not go to the store that far away for that reason - I could not have selected a store with the hope of finding it anyway and probably stood little chance of doing so. My method, of eventually successfully buying it, is not available to anyone as money-saving. However, I did happen to have it, with no SEL:rotfl::T:j:D. So, I have a SEL only just about around a place where there is no stock - OOS for too long and therefore N/A there - and M have stock elsewhere that won't give a price for any comparison as there is no SEL. If the price collectors in one of the collection stores have an indication of the product, through a SEL, it's likely to be OOS there and they'll most probably think M no longer has it as it's been OOS for too long. The one unit of stock, that I bought today, is available (was available this morning) elsewhere.
  • latest_flame
    Options
    1x ASDA Smartprice Salted Peanuts (200g) 0.48 N/A
    2x McVitie's Digestives (500g) £2.00 £1.90
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £0.99 £1.00
    1x ASDA Smartprice Sponge Scourers (8pk) £0.40 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    2x Fairy Original Washing Up Liquid (780ml) £3.00 £3.00
    4x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £20.00 £4.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £25.99 £9.90
    +£16.09 cheaper

Who was the OP(thanks)?
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon ALL!
    image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225 image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • Tinasmummy
    Tinasmummy Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Morning TM (2)
    Thats your'e new name:rotfl:
    Enjoy lazy Sunday, i dont plan on much, might sort a drawer out i have been meaning to do, might bake a cake:o did ironing yesterday so all up to date:D

TM2 - I quite like that Bubbs, makes me sound like a Star Wars character lol.

IVe always wished I could bake, I'm a good cook (so I like to think) but just can't bake. i have tried, even got the baking tins and stuff, lots of books but it's always awful. Baking is a talent I reckon!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    bubbs :wave:

Snap you made me :rotfl::rotfl: snotty :p

Going to watch footie glad its on the tv :j:j:j

My birthday Lilies are dying :( not bad had them 17 days they came from Asda lovely white ones :)

Hello, i have jsut sat down waiting for tray bake too cook, quiche is done and 2 fruit cakes waiting to go in and will put beef in bottom of the oven ready for tea:D
    Enjoy footie:D
    Oh they have lasted well:T:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 12 March 2017 at 3:42PM
    Options
    Are the new Walkers sharing packs (175g each) £1.50 each or are they on the 2 for £2.00 in A?

They are all available in M at £1 each (I think, I think I finally have all four of them now:rotfl:). However, (:() they are new products so I am not sure how quickly the collectors would pick them up. (I suspect N/A for a few weeks - and bloomin Ocados has them at £1 (sigh).)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure