Ebay down detector

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'll have o look at Opera.

Strangely enough once again I'm having a good Saturday, in the 'old days' I would have advised sellers to avoid Saturday finishes as eBay is always dead, yet I've had 7 sales already today and it's only 12.30! For me Sunday's always used to be very good, but recently I barely make a sale. I wonder if this indicates a volume/ browsing issue?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Now that I am back listing alot on eBay. I am finding that my sales come in batches.. and I am getting a more than average amount of overseas sales.

I have had 5 sales with 2 hours this morning. Now nothing..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have only started using e bay for selling off some clothes I bought and never quite fitted into. Most of the items are new with tags. I did a small survey today and I would say less than 5% of auction clothes are actually sold, I counted 35 items in a row with no bidders. Would this be due to time of year, the weather, the rugby?
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    comeandgo wrote: »
    I have only started using e bay for selling off some clothes I bought and never quite fitted into. Most of the items are new with tags. I did a small survey today and I would say less than 5% of auction clothes are actually sold, I counted 35 items in a row with no bidders. Would this be due to time of year, the weather, the rugby?

Auctions are dead. Unless you have something highly desirable that you start at 99p you will have little interest. People just want to buy it now.
  • soolin
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Auctions are dead. Unless you have something highly desirable that you start at 99p you will have little interest. People just want to buy it now.

I have to agree. I have bought three items today and didn't even look at auctions, I went straight to BIN and bought from business sellers there.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    As an update to my post yesterday something is certainly up. I've sold 27 things already this weekend which is probably my best weekend for well over a year. I don't care if people think the conspiracy theories are rubbish, I can't explain why I dropped down to 3 or 4 things a day and now suddenly sell this much, it's not end of the month or anything. It feels like someone has switched me back on- and I'm spending the afternoon hurriedly adding more stock while it lasts!
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Glad you're having a good run, enjoy it while it lasts. I'm still finding it quiet on eBay, but I have had a few sales on Amazon and have tried listing a few items on Etsy. I didn't realise you could list anything vintage on there so might try some more bits. Incidentally it was thanks to an eBay suggestion that I had a look on Etsy. Madness !!!

Checked the down detector again today and it's still all orange, but I suppose your sales disprove that.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • luvvlyjubbly
    luvvlyjubbly Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    I've followed this advice written by someone on the down site and it does seemed to have helped a bit

Like many other Virgin Media customers I have been having the whirling wheel nightmare for nearly a month. Calls to ebay / Virgin are pointless. I figured this out myself. You need to do a DNS flush. Exact procedure will depend on your operating system but it's easy enough, just google it for your O/S just done mine & the whirling wheel has gone, fingers crossed it stays that way!
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing altogether.:D
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    As an update to my post yesterday something is certainly up. I've sold 27 things already this weekend which is probably my best weekend for well over a year. I don't care if people think the conspiracy theories are rubbish, I can't explain why I dropped down to 3 or 4 things a day and now suddenly sell this much, it's not end of the month or anything. It feels like someone has switched me back on- and I'm spending the afternoon hurriedly adding more stock while it lasts!

Pay day has arrived for the buying public?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • bigalec2
    bigalec2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2017 at 12:42PM
    Sold a few items over the weekend and have been trying to print postage labels, keep getting asked to enter a security code over and over until I eventually get "System unavailable. Please try again later!"
    Very annoying
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport