Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I think it is a man/woman thing... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

10kg of Silver Spoon Caster Sugar for £3 OMG!

Yes 60p a bag:D:D:D got me and sis some:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinasmummy
    Tinasmummy Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    TM did you get any caster sugar?

Hello Bubbs

got nothing, I'm destined never to have a stash
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    :beer:

:j Cheers Zippy.
    That bloke 2 tables up look like he is all by himself, invite him over.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    What makes a Japanese plate a Japanese plate? The fact it isnt round?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Easier than on lappy with the photobucket app. You'll have to ask me tomorrow for the sums. But if you don't mind an educated good guesser. Ask aau
    Will have a look at the app, but im not very good with them either:rotfl::rotfl:
    Tinasmummy wrote: »
    Hello Bubbs

got nothing, I'm destined never to have a stash

Booooooooo, try harder:rotfl::rotfl: you will get something soon, didnt you do razor?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oooh our Simply Cooks meal was gorgeous:T:T

I might not cancel my subscription now:rotfl:

I brought out my special Japanese plates for Chicken Katsu:)

They are not round by the way:rotfl:

707595E8-81FF-4E63-8ACF-2A16AEC20DD6_zpswgaujgyo.jpg

yum yum:T:T:T
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Hi Tm
    Your idea is great and I hope you get the funding, I have been doing this for years for friends and family and in practice it is not always that easy, a willing student is a joy but one who is distracted or not interested is an utter nightmare and in my experience it is the distracted and not interested ones that need the help the most
    A friend (who is a good cook herself, long story mother and daughter falling out) asked me if I could help teach her daughter how to cook basic meals for her family last year. The first hurdle was time. I gave myself an hour or two a week, the reality it took 4 to 8 hours a week, then no basic equipment ( her mum and I helped putting together some equipment ) or store cupboard (again we both helped putting a bit of a store cupboard ) obviously these can be built up over time, then we had to deal with the distractions, children pack off to the grandmothers, tv and phones switched off , then you have to deal with all the excuses in the book, I can’t cook, I don’t want to cook, I don’t have time, the children will not eat it etc etc
    Food shopping a half hour trip turned into a two hour battle of wills, exhausting
    Then you finally get to prepare some food, knife skills zero so plenty of plasters and kitchen roll for the tears, once a meal is made then it is getting the family to eat it, you think it would be the children but nope it was the husband that I had to convince to try new foods we had cooked
    It was a very long year, it should never have taken that long but we persevered and everything has turned out great, her mother and I are so proud of her, we started with pre-cut frozen veg and shop bought sauces and now she can prepare fresh veg and make her own sauces, as her confidence grew so did her skills and now she can cook healthy meals for her family, the key was building her confidence, now she is teaching her husband so that they can share the cooking
    Would I do it again, yes , would I go and cook in a complete stranger kitchen then that would be a huge no, my only concern would be my own safety

A great post VC. And you are so right.........the problem can be lack of motivation but I think that can sometimes be put down to poor mental health exacerbated by bad diet:o. It's an uphill battle but you did a fabulous job. Look at the difference you made:T:T

I think you are also right about the risks and that would have to be assessed.

Thank you for posting:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    What makes a Japanese plate a Japanese plate? The fact it isnt round?

It says Made in Japan on the back:o

:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    ooooh the brownies you could make!

Lent:o

It will have to wait until Easter:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Just bumping up again Think it was aau who highlighted the Disney £5.00 promotion Thanks It looks really good Persil £5.00 in Tesco and each email address can have 10 applications

Lots of nice wee gifts for around the £5.00

I think it was hampy Mrs mac:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts