Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• alim66
    alim66 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I cancelled Sky 3 weeks ago, as my bill was increasing to about £52 a month due to the latest increase. On first phone call, they offered me the same package for £34 a month for 12 months, i declined. I went on interactive tonight and there is a 60% off Sky TV which I have accepted. I have phoned Sky about Broadband price tonight and the best they could do was £26.49 for 12 months with a new router and £70 credit, I explained that I could get Plusnet for £18 for 18 months and £50 cashback, and new router, so have kept TV and cancelled Broadband. :)
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anyone had any success with haggling over Sky Go Extra? My 2 month trial comes to an end but I will not pay £5 a month for it. Live chat won't offer anything as it requires downgrade dept. I wonder what offers will appear when it finally ends.
  • Thanks Colin, I would rather not let it turn it off, and think it's a pretty good deal. I think I'll go back this week and see if I can push for a bit more , if not I'll probably take it . I'll post and let you know how it goes.
    went on chat today as due to switch off in three days .I haven't had any phone calls or further offers .Offered me what I have now (full package, sports and cinema, hd, 2 multi rooms) 50% off for 12 months for £62 . I said that's not half price, half of £104 is £52 (.I didn't let on I knew multirooms and hd not included)
    He then said £56 was his best offer , wouldn't budge for any credit , so I am going with that The 60% on the tv screen with added extras would have been £62 so I am happy with that .
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    went on chat today as due to switch off in three days .I haven't had any phone calls or further offers .Offered me what I have now (full package, sports and cinema, hd, 2 multi rooms) 50% off for 12 months for £62 . I said that's not half price, half of £104 is £52 (.I didn't let on I knew multirooms and hd not included)
    He then said £56 was his best offer , wouldn't budge for any credit , so I am going with that The 60% on the tv screen with added extras would have been £62 so I am happy with that .
    60% used to be the best offer, even after switch off, so they would be unlikely to budge on that while you're still connected.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    alim66 wrote: »
    I cancelled Sky 3 weeks ago, as my bill was increasing to about £52 a month due to the latest increase. On first phone call, they offered me the same package for £34 a month for 12 months, i declined. I went on interactive tonight and there is a 60% off Sky TV which I have accepted. I have phoned Sky about Broadband price tonight and the best they could do was £26.49 for 12 months with a new router and £70 credit, I explained that I could get Plusnet for £18 for 18 months and £50 cashback, and new router, so have kept TV and cancelled Broadband. :)

Your offer is even worse than the one I turned down last year (free broadband with line, then, at £17.40 ).

The problem with the new PlusNet 18 month deals is that you can only have line rental saver for 12 month blocks and they charge £30+ when you leave to LLU (such as Sky and TalkTalk).
  • p9g57
    p9g57 Posts: 7 Forumite
    told sky i was leaving for virgin.... they said ok. no deals or offers.

sky rang 3 months later. I was with Virgin on an 18 month contract at that point.

Sky offered Sky movies, sports on HD package and all other channels for £25 month.

March 2017 .... now starting an 18 month contract for Sky Q 2TB multi room, sky sports, movies for £37 month.

Dont have BB or phone with Sky.

Dont know anyone else who got this deal. People mention it to Sky retentions and they deny they can go that low.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    p9g57 wrote: »
    told sky i was leaving for virgin.... they said ok. no deals or offers.

sky rang 3 months later. I was with Virgin on an 18 month contract at that point.

Sky offered Sky movies, sports on HD package and all other channels for £25 month.

March 2017 .... now starting an 18 month contract for Sky Q 2TB multi room, sky sports, movies for £37 month.

Dont have BB or phone with Sky.

Dont know anyone else who got this deal. People mention it to Sky retentions and they deny they can go that low.

Sounds like a 75% off deal. Usually reserved for people who have actually left Sky so can be fairly common. So retentions won't be able to go that low, only the specific win back team who try and bring back old customers. Retentions normally only go to 60% + bill credit as a maximum.
  • croppers123
    croppers123 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Currently have
    Sky Q 2tb box HD
    Sports variety pack
    Unlimited broadband
    Line rental
    Paying £73.

Could only do £75 f9or 18mths +£10 fee.
    I have 30days cancel notice. I'll wait for online offers to be emailed me or put on the tv.
  • Currently have
    Sky Q 2tb box HD
    Sports variety pack
    Unlimited broadband
    Line rental
    Paying £73.

Could only do £75 f9or 18mths +£10 fee.
    I have 30days cancel notice. I'll wait for online offers to be emailed me or put on the tv.

You don't need to post on two threads. The same people read both.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Hi, looking for some advice.

I am moving home soon and will come to the end of my sky contract before I move, I previously had a 50% off offer for past 18 months.

I have sky HD, sports & multiroom.

I also have virgin broadband & phoneline (the sky/Bt internet in my area is excruciatingly bad - less than 5MB!) My virgin is also out of contract and they have been ringing me with daft offers.

My preference is sky for everything at my new property, how would I go about negotiating the best offer - obviously I would need to call and disconnect but should I get both transferred to the new property first before I start negotiating?!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback