Three network PAYG - free roaming? Really?

1235»

Comments

• BushBaby_QC
    BushBaby_QC Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2016 at 5:06PM
    The ombudsman has just informed me Three will be crediting me with a refund (cheque £20). So the moral is: don't give up and don't listen to weaselly comments designed to make you feel it's all your fault.

Victory for the little man.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Probably because it is cheaper than going to formal adjudication.
    Victory for Captain Ahab.
    The ombudsman has just informed me Three will be crediting me with a refund (cheque £20). So the moral is: don't give up and don't listen to weaselly comments designed to make you feel it's all your fault.

Victory for the little man.
  • I was prepared to spend £200 to get back my £20 because I believed I was in the right. If they were so sure of their position they should be prepared to back it up too. It's not as if they don't have the resources.

No, their procedures are tilted against the consumer (like many other online or remote service providers) because most of us don't create a fuss over such small amounts. So if the consumer takes the time and effort to push it they'll quickly see an end to it for the reasons you give. Else they'll pocket the money and pat themselves on the back that they've undeservedly pushed the profit column up some more.
  • FunTime
    FunTime Posts: 288 Forumite
    I was prepared to spend £200 to get back my £20 because I believed I was in the right. If they were so sure of their position they should be prepared to back it up too. It's not as if they don't have the resources.

No, their procedures are tilted against the consumer (like many other online or remote service providers) because most of us don't create a fuss over such small amounts. So if the consumer takes the time and effort to push it they'll quickly see an end to it for the reasons you give. Else they'll pocket the money and pat themselves on the back that they've undeservedly pushed the profit column up some more.

They gave me £25 worth of credit for a mistake they made. Not everyone has the same experience.
    Reading through the thread, you have been so bitter and unpleasant, that I'm sure no one here had any sympathy with your plight.

Reminds me of something someone told me when travelling south east Asia. They told me that you don't pay a girl to stay with you, you pay them to go away.
    Now I understand what they meant.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just been reading about their "Feel at Home" roaming package in the newsletter. If I buy a SIM is there an expiry date, or can you activate it and then use it with no fear of the credit disappearing? Can't find anything about this on their website.
  • FunTime
    hansi wrote: »
    Just been reading about their "Feel at Home" roaming package in the newsletter. If I buy a SIM is there an expiry date, or can you activate it and then use it with no fear of the credit disappearing? Can't find anything about this on their website.

How do you propose to "activate it and use it" without utilising your credit??

Do you mean..?
    Top-ups
    Where a Top-up is bought in-store and a 16-digit code provided, the Top-up needs to be activated within 90 days of buying it. Once activated, Top-ups have no expiry date, unless there is no activity at all on an account for 180 days as Three reserves the right to terminate or suspend unused accounts.
    Where there are free allowances with a Top-up they are always used first. If you’ve bought an Add-on, this allowance is used next followed by your cash credit.

Starter Top-up Credit
    New customers who have purchased a handset or SIM only with a pre-loaded Starter Top-Up, your Top-Up, once activated, has no expiry date, unless there’s no activity at all on your account for 180 days, in which case Three reserves the right to terminate or suspend unused accounts. New customers who have purchased a handset or a SIM only with an All-in-One 10 Add-on or All-in-One 20 Add-on will need to use the Add-on within 30 days of activation (activation occurs at the first chargeable usage event).
  • FunTime wrote: »
    They gave me £25 worth of credit for a mistake they made. Not everyone has the same experience.
    Reading through the thread, you have been so bitter and unpleasant, that I'm sure no one here had any sympathy with your plight.

Reminds me of something someone told me when travelling south east Asia. They told me that you don't pay a girl to stay with you, you pay them to go away.
    Now I understand what they meant.

And you call me bitter.

This is a consumer forum, for - heck - consumers. We all have varying experiences, knowledge and abilities and just because one firm is good for you doesn't mean they are going to be good for everyone. I was in the right and I was prepared to pay to see justice for that. I was given an appalling service from an unforgiving, greedy company which profits from consumer mistakes and poor service delivery. And yet I was vilified on here by small-minded trolls such as yourself.

But, heck, I won. And yet it's remains all my fault. Really? We should all be very glad there aren't many like you.
  • FunTime
    And you call me bitter.

This is a consumer forum, for - heck - consumers. We all have varying experiences, knowledge and abilities and just because one firm is good for you doesn't mean they are going to be good for everyone. I was in the right and I was prepared to pay to see justice for that. I was given an appalling service from an unforgiving, greedy company which profits from consumer mistakes and poor service delivery. And yet I was vilified on here by small-minded trolls such as yourself.

But, heck, I won. And yet it's remains all my fault. Really? We should all be very glad there aren't many like you.

Yes.You are.

They paid to get rid of you. Chances are we won't see you here again.

You didn't win anything. You just got some of your money back. You spent £40 and received £20.

Whereas they gave me the credit without me having to spend anything. Hardly a greedy company. They were also the first to give free Roaming.

So as far as you attempt to insult all around you, you have failed. No one here has any empathy for you because of your thoroughly unpleasant behaviour.
    So enjoy your partial refund as much as your personality will allow.

I and many others will continue to utilise Three whenever it suits.
    Your attempts to denigrate all around you have failed miserably.
  • FunTime wrote: »
    Yes.You are.

They paid to get rid of you. Chances are we won't see you here again.

You didn't win anything. You just got some of your money back. You spent £40 and received £20.

Whereas they gave me the credit without me having to spend anything. Hardly a greedy company. They were also the first to give free Roaming.

So as far as you attempt to insult all around you, you have failed. No one here has any empathy for you because of your thoroughly unpleasant behaviour.
    So enjoy your partial refund as much as your personality will allow.

I and many others will continue to utilise Three whenever it suits.
    Your attempts to denigrate all around you have failed miserably.

Wow, your ability to know what everyone is thinking is amazing, you should be on telly old son. I only wanted £20 back in my bank account because that is all I overspent by - I'm honest. I didn't want credit because that does not benefit me. And this thread has many people commenting no chance I'll get anything back (likely based on their experience of Three) AND YET I DID.

And I have only insulted those who insulted me - like you and Three of course. But please keep replying as it gives me the opportunity to put my case some more.

AND I will be back when I have something else of interest to consumers to report rather than hanging around kicking cans and insulting passers by like you.
  • Cheque arrived today. Persistence and righteousness wins.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure