Parking ticket by Euro car parks

Options

Comments

• costapkt
    costapkt Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    CherryD wrote: »
    I'm so glad I've read your messages on here about this Company, as my friend has just received a letter telling her she was 29 minutes over the 'allowed' 2-hour parking time and has to pay a £70.00 fine. This is a new Morrisons store in Worthing, West Sussex and she was visiting it for the first time and has a receipt for her purchases. Also the car-park was half-empty at the time. From everything I've read on here (many thanks) I don't think she should pay it or even enter into a dialogue with Euro Car Parks. Would a letter of complaint to Morrison's Public Relations Dept be of any use? Any advice very welcome.

Just ignore, do not contact anyone concerned. Also ignore any letters that you might receive.
  • alcan2
    Options
    I have a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks , I wrote received no reply a month later I received a letter stating my fine had gone up to £50 , I informed them I was not driving that day , then I received another letter stating the Highway code. Private car parks are not the same as the highway code and demanded the name of the driver and insurance details , I feel they are out of control and need to have their authority to be removed to give fines as they see fit ,The offence was parking a white separation line for parking , I had told them the passenger was disabled and needed more space for his wheelchair , the disabled bays was full , Then I get another message stating if the fine was not paid it would be taken to a debt collecting agency , My wife went behind my back and paid it , Now I have the hassell of trying to get a refund ,which I doubt will happen . Does anyone know if I can take this company to a small claims court and win my case.
    I feel the advise on this sight is against everything that is happening ,
    There is no mention of going to court for payment to decide my case , I would prefer to go to court .
    My advise is dont let Euro Car Parks Bully , intimidate , harrasse , threaten , abuse, Blackmail , into paying a sum of money to increase their profits which would lead to thousands of £££s
    Their signs are not informative and they imply the highway code is the same for a private company , I am so angry at the way I have been treated
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alcan2 wrote: »
    I feel they are out of control and need to have their authority to be removed to give fines as they see fit
    There is no authority to remove. Any company or person has a right to pursue a perceived debt. I doubt they've broken any laws by trying to mislead you about naming the driver.
    Now I have the hassell of trying to get a refund ,which I doubt will happen . Does anyone know if I can take this company to a small claims court and win my case.
    Now that you've paid there's very little chance of you getting that money back. The key to getting out of paying their charges is that it's very hard for them to prove in court that you owe them this money. If you take them to court its up to you to prove that the charge wasn't valid and they may have a valid defense if you did park on two spaces so a judge may (and imo, probably would) rule in their favour.

So, you should just write the £50 off.
  • silent_scope
    Options
    They buy land make a car park then %$£ everyone hwo parks in there car parks .dam them.
  • silent_scope
    Options
    EURO CAR PARKS Are $%& and all hwo work for there company .^%$* They all are ^&*S"s.^&*% em ALL.
  • silent_scope
    Options
    :DThey are buying land make a car park then $%^ every one who parks.there THEY ARE ^%$£'s and all who work for them.^%$£'s *&^%em.
  • silent_scope
    Options
    !!!!!!s !!!! em take them tickeits and !!!! em all
  • silent_scope
    Options
    :mad:
    !!!!!!s !!!! em take them tickeits and !!!! em all
    !!!! euro car parks:mad:
  • silent_scope
    Options
    !!!! euro cars they are !!!!s
  • silent_scope