PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Received an offer from my egg credit card on 22/6/11 which I posted about on here. Just been thinking about this interest business, premiums were £908.68; refund of interest at card rate (15.9% variable) £65.68; refund of interest at the rate of 8% £278.80. I did phone them to question the card interest & they said that they stopped all interest on all credit cards relating to PPI. I just took their word for it. Do you think there's any way I can get them to prove that they stopped the interest or has anybody else had this with a credit card??? Had card from march 2006 which is when they added PPI and discovered they stopped it themselves in November 2008, no acknowledgement of stopping it was received from egg. Also curious when it was first discovered re: mis-selling of PPI??? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to check if they are being honest with me, the refund I received still has not been deducted off my balance from 22nd June, I guess I need to email them re that??

Hi there

I didn't realise they stopped all interest via Credit Cards :eek: since when did this happen then I wonder?
    Hopefully someone can shed some light on this but do email them as you said as well.
    Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    ArferDaly wrote: »
    Hi.

No the original complaint was on the official ppi form,that was what they responded to on the 24th,so I am a bit surprised that they sent me another to fill in,that they supposedly say they never had.

Mark

Hi Mark

I would ring or email them and tell them you already have one in and question on why another one have been sent, double check on this, but did you happen to keep a copy of the one you sent them as well?
  • Katescottie
    Katescottie Posts: 30 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

I didn't realise they stopped all interest via Credit Cards :eek: since when did this happen then I wonder?
    Hopefully someone can shed some light on this but do email them as you said as well.
    Good luck.

I did think this was a bit strange! Why is it never straight forward??!!!! I will definitely email egg tomorrow for some solid proof answers, thankyou Di!!! May be back for more advice!!!
  • di3004
    I did think this was a bit strange! Why is it never straight forward??!!!! I will definitely email egg tomorrow for some solid proof answers, thankyou Di!!! May be back for more advice!!!

Your welcome hon, and hope this is resolved tomorrow, yes it is strange that.
    Yeah ask away, there is always one of us here at least, and daytime of course lol, good luck x;)
  • h0pusp0pus
    h0pusp0pus Posts: 167 Forumite
    IANC wrote: »
    The biggest single driver to large PPI payouts will be the APR that was attaching to the loan or Credit Card.

For eg.

I have 2 credit cards.

The APR on one is about 16% and is 29% on the other.

Imagine the difference that will make to a claim when I have paid nearly twice as much interest on the PPI payments on one card that on the other.

Compound that for a number of years and the payouts will be very different.

thanks for the reply :) yes i see how that would work thank you well im only waiting on the burtons mens wear store card back in 1996 and that interest was something in the region of 29% so lets hope they uphold and it might be a bit larger than i think as i think the top whack of borrowed money on that was £2000 odd so 14 years of interest should be interesting :)
  • ArferDaly
    ArferDaly Posts: 69
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Mark

I would ring or email them and tell them you already have one in and question on why another one have been sent, double check on this, but did you happen to keep a copy of the one you sent them as well?

Hi DI3004

Thanks for the reply,will do tomorrow and will keep all informed,yes I did keep a copy so can quote chapter and verse what it said.

Seems like another stalling method.:mad:

Mark
  • Hi i emailed mr odoherty before i went to work today to find out if there were any updates on my husbands cc, got an email back from Mark Pierce to say he was actually dealing with this case and my husbands complaint has been upheld! We are so delighted!! He didn't say how much he would get back, so have emailed back to ask how much the refund is for and will the amount come off the balance or will he receive a cheque. Will let you know when he emails us back:beer::j:D:rotfl:
  • Thanks so so much to Amersall and Di for all your support!! You have kept us going when we were thinking of giving up hope of ever getting anything back. Love you guy's!!!! xxx
  • jolfc
    jolfc Posts: 446
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone got an email address for someone quite high up at the Halifax, maybe the ceo. I am sure it has been posted before, but I cant find it, :D
  • julieprit2
    julieprit2 Posts: 89 Forumite
    stoutman5 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
    One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
    'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you £5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!:T

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.:beer:

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan

I have two complaints with Lloyds and had an email saying exactly this:
    I]'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time. I thought it was maybe just a standard paragraph as they aren't saying there is any redress, just potential redress? Scared to get my hopes up!

Told me they are dealing in date order and will get back to me asap. I sent 3 emails this week!

Congrats on your win that is fab :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure