Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Telephone call from my boss.
    Promotion at work and about a 15% pay increase.

Tomorrow IS a better day.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great news:T:T:T
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hurrah :j :j :j
    Much deserved :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Butti wrote: »

Tomorrow IS a better day.

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :T:beer::j:T:beer::j:beer::T
    Must use my stash up!
  • Well done Butti - that's fabulous news :T

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite

:T

What's the new job then?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    ZTD wrote: »
    :T

What's the new job then?

Same as the old job really....just recognition of how much I'm doing, how much I'm supporting other people and how much harder my job is than they thought....Oh and how easy, now the economy and construction are picking up, it would be for me to just take my deposit and move. I suspect that was quite a strong motive!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    edited 17 February 2014 at 7:30PM

So....today I have applied that really helpful technique for saving money.......stay in bed and listen to Graham Norton........well actually stay in bed listening to Graham Norton and watching the Olympics. Given that phrase 'The chair's the killer' :eek::eek::eek: I somehow can't imagine the bed is much better, infact given the lack of effort to even keep upright it's probably worse.

Haven't done this month's budget yet so can't share that joy with you yet (I'm still coming to terms with the marvellous idea of having a budget that is larger than your outgoings :j:j:j:j - what a great concept that is!!)

So the new years resolutions how are they doing?

1. Stay within budget - hmmmmmmm. Better do the budget :D
    2. Have a dry January (Sort of....cough..cough...cough!)
    3. Update CV and Linked in profile - Not yet.

4. Ask for a pay review - yes, that went rather well didn't it. Didn't actually need to, just moaned a bit, worked hard, made myself indispensible and put myself in a position where I could easily move. That bit is done for now, job will change again in 14 months and provided I learn enough and prove myself capable enough I shall be pushing again then. If they are wise they will do something, if they aren't I shall!!:D
    5. Clear two biggest credit cards (See below :D)
    6. Buy a house - on hold for about 2 months until no. 5 looks better.
    7. Try out new social events for 6 months - Have joined another two social groups. Likely to be going out with a friend tonight to one of those. I'm hoping she'll drive so I can drink :D. Probably am about to join a running group due to my predelictation for lying in bed with Graham Norton. Absolutely no physical exercise there....well apart from a bit of laughing.
    8. Pass level 2 sign language - We'll give it a go (no comments Mr Zee!!)

CDL £10,000 £8207 18% paid off
    Dad £7000 £0 100% paid off
    Friend £280 £0 100% paid off
    Virgin CC £3350 £2520 25% paid off
    HSBC CC £4404 £1079 75% paid off 18% APR!!!
    M&S CC £1188 £1169 4% paid off
    HBOS CC £1430 £1416 1.7% paid off
    O/D £2200Going to try and stay under £1700!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    £2000 anyone?

So that little b*gger, the one that used to kill me coming out two days before pay day....the one that the bank couldn't do anything about because it was an HSBC Morrisons card not an HSBC card - remember it? :mad: Remember the ENDLESS circular conversations with HSBC where we all got dizzy.

(Sorry if you think I'm about to tell you I've paid it off!)

I've paid off a further £250 and after my budget may add another £100 to that (the extra hundred may make no difference due to a wee event called Peter Gabriel paid for on the credit card :D)

HSBC CC £4404 Currently £382
    which means I've paid off about 91% of it. Going to see what else I can pay off it this month and then have a look at that BAD boy belonging to Mr Branson (well it was it now seems to have transferred to MBNA!!!) going from 0% to 32% in May. They are still sending me invitations to spend money on it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Nice try guys ...shame I've got into this debt busting lark isn't it.

Anyway......long post this.....SORRY.....we agreed that I could have some treats

We did didn't we?
    I didn't imagine it.

SO....I have lined up a treat for each month.
    My treat for March appears to be going to see my dad :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: (and staying for longer than half an hour - hmmmm:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)
    ...and seeing other folk too, just to dilute the effect.

May's treat is going to see Peter Gabriel in concert in Berlin. How excited? Very as you ask. Will give me the chance to catch up with friends I haven't seen since 1994 too. Even more excited!

So Mr Z, when you ask What could make life better than goodish.....well all of the above really :D:D:D.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Can I just point out...I am in the library now, not typing this from bed.
    48% off mortgage

• Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Can I just point out...I am in the library now, not typing this from bed.

We believe you - thousands wouldn't ! :D
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure